disposable diapers

Archives1

Staff member
Does anyone know of a disposable diaper that once saturated doesn't allow all of the absorbent padding to ball up and crumble down to the crotch of the diaper? I've tried many different brands and it's the same problem with all of them??

I dont have that problem with the megamax from northshore thankfully. I looked so long for diapers that didnt do that exact thing. I hate it when they do.

I usually use pull-ups such as Prevail or CVS (and there are plenty others) and there is never a problem with the padding balling up when wet. But don't know if you are a fan of the pull-ups or not but they work for me. You can talk to North Shore or Carewell or maybe HDIS (as well as others online) and describe the problem to the rep and they most likely will be able to suggest a product and will also send samples for you to try out. I can tell you that those companies deal with products that are better made and therefore be prepared to pay a bit more than the cheaper big-box brands. Those are also good suggestions in the preceding posts here although I am not familiar with them. So good luck and hope you find something you like really soon!

I been using north shore diapers,mega max and superme diapers for years now and never had that issue. Like everyone said call north shore diapers up and talk to them. They can help.

I currently use cloth diapers and plastic pants. Initial cost is high, but overall, it is much cheaper. No clumping. Cloth diapers should last for years with proper cleaning and care.

Another vote for Northshore Megamax. That's the whole reason I switched to them - they're the most resistant I've found to clumping and pad disintegration.

The BetterDry briefs are really good too. They are at Northshore too.

If you like the megamax these are good but if you sleep on your stomach or side I found outing a couple diaper doublers from Northshore across the front of the brief make a really comfortable and very absorbent brief.

Hope this helps.

Jim

I am not discouraging anyone from using disposable diapers. If it works well for them, that's great. I only use disposable diapers when I travel, so to keep doing laundry too much. I have tried disposable diapers years ago when there weren't many companies manufacturing them. I found better success with cloth diapers and plastic pants. Since I only bedwet now this works best for me. If I start to have daytime issues, I would seriously consider disposable diapers. To all of you, STAY SAFE OUT THERE. I work in a retail big box home improvement store. They have relaxed most of their restrictions for allowing limited customers to enter the store, and sanitizing shopping carts,etc. I still feel safe,as I keep my distance from customers. Management tries their best, but it's only as good as the employees doing the sanitation.

@chuck Here in UK we can buy Drylife slips super or super x plus, they are similar to Betterdry and Abena's old faithful M4, well worth trying for a daytime pad.

any diaper can clump up if it's left on too long and cheaper made diapers are more prone to clumping han your better and more premium diapers change as needed the longer you leave on a wet diaper especially a saturated the more prone they are to clumping

One problem that I have is that often don't have that many accidents. I'll sometimes go for days (and occasionally a couple of weeks) between accidents, and on those days I don't want or need to change every four hours as the diapers clump up from sweat. The older L4s that I used to use would get to feeling like I was sitting on golf balls after 4-6 hours, and more often when I was physically active at work. With the Northshore Megamax, though, I can usually make it all day without changing unless I'm doing especially heavy physical work, or of course when I have an accident.

If a diaper starts to feel significantly wet from sweat, I'll change it, but when that happens I don't like finding that all the padding has fallen apart and is lying lose in the bottom of the diaper. That makes it more likely to leak if I have an accident before I get a chance to change.

I'm a newfound fan of the Rearz Inspire+ Incontrol, after finding a case for $50 on Craigslist.

Even though they're about $3/brief from the Rearz website with shipping, I've found they don't clump nor leak when used with an Abena Boost stuffer.

Each combo lasts me about 12-hours, when I can't change. Albeit $0.25/hr to stay dry (in a wet brief most of the time) still seems pricy. Best of luck!