difference

Archives1

Staff member
I lost bladder control in 1968. I have never seen a doctor for it a doctor about it because it was from a wound in Viet Nam and told it was permanent.
There has been some discussions about the difference in care here in the USA verses the care in Europe. Like I said I have never seen a doctor about it because it is permanent so I can't comment on the type of care in either country. But one thing I can comment on is the difference in disposable diapers available back then. The ones here in the US were so thin and leaked so bad they wern't worth using.In the US the diapers were biased toward concealment. The Europe diapers were biased toward absorbancy and they were so bulky it looked like you had a pillow in your pants. Compared to now the incontinence products available now vs back then The products have improved a great deal with the fit and function. Just be glad you have them available now.

Amen. Thank you so much for your service as a child of the late fifties and the sixties it is sincerely appreciated.
Thank you Sir.

Surely it would be worth having medical advice? Nothing to lose. And medicine has changed a lot in 50 years.

I'd like to echo libbymac: rehabilitation medicine has advanced beyond anything even dreamt about in 1968. What was considered permanent then may be treatable, even curable now. Do you live near a VA hospital or a vet center that might be able to provide a referral?