Did everyone see this from NAFC: ELITONE URGE?

Archives1

Staff member
We are so excited to partner with NAFC to bring you the news first: ELITONE URGE is the first and only FDA-cleared At-Home treatment for Overactive Bladder (OAB) offered over-the-counter, now available. Yes! That is right, a treatment, not just a coverup of pads.

A natural successor to the successful ELITONE which treats stress incontinence, ELITONE URGE has all the same benefits of reduced leaks. ELITONE URGE is easy to use, non-intrusive, efficacious, and available over the counter. It works by calming overactive bladder muscles to reduce the urgency and urge incontinence leaks which are so bothersome for the 33 million women in the United States alone. Working directly on the nerves and muscles that surround the bladder, it is more efficacious than targeting peripheral nerves in the legs, less risky than implant surgeries, and has no side effects, unlike medicines.

clickable text

Since my main issue is OAB, I guess I should comment. Firstly, if this device helps you, or if you think it will help you, then awesome! Quit reading any further.

The rest of this post is my opinion. I am a bit skeptical. Here are my pros and cons.

Pros:
* OTC so it is my decision to try it
* it is worn externally
* cycle its use - so not every day

Cons:
* OTC so my insurance probably won’t cover it
* US $399 for a starter kit - kind of costly
* what if it makes urge worse (my luck)?
* other side effects

Seems to me that it is too much of an investment with a long time to offset my minor protection products budget. I have no guarantee if it will help me.

If you decide to use it, my best wishes to you.

~Mel

Not paid for by health insurance. I agree with you Melanie: even after the discount, it’s way too expensive.

I also have my doubts as to whether this is actually effective.

You can just read the official information about the study - especially the exclusion criteria and the results (outcome not reported)...:

@melanie @snow - Hi Mel and Snow. As it is, my over night Depends that I wear all the time are expensive enough having gone up in price from Amazon. Though helpful they aren't that great. Being on a fixed income, I agree you. I can't afford it. - Pam