Diapers cost/out stock

Archives1

Staff member
I was wondering if anyone else has a hard time getting diapers from north shore diapers, Amazon,or any other places, do to cost or being out stock. I know north shore diapers are charging extra orders like cases. I had to cut my order back to 2 bags of diapers because I can't afford a case of diapers. As for Amazon the same thing but don't have my size some of time. I would like to know if anyone else is having this problem.

I have never had a problem with stock at NorthShore. Last week I placed an order on Friday and it came Saturday. I got a 10% discount for ordering a case. You can mix/match the 4 packs that go into your case if you use different products.

MRjw48 said:
I was wondering if anyone else has a hard time getting diapers from north shore diapers, Amazon,or any other places, do to cost or being out stock. I know north shore diapers are charging extra orders like cases. I had to cut my order back to 2 bags of diapers because I can't afford a case of diapers. As for Amazon the same thing but don't have my size some of time. I would like to know if anyone else is having this problem.

We are very sorry for the price increases and understand it creates a hardship for many people. Unfortunately, the cost of making and shipping diapers has more than doubled in last year and we will not accept making lower quality products to offset the cost increase.

We've also invested millions in expedited shipping and increased inventory to keep as many items in stock as possible, even when the factories in China get shut down for months at a time or the ports get backed up for 6 weeks...as is still happening right now.

We've also had to make some tough decisions to phase out some of our slower selling items. We know that the people that relied on those items will struggle to adjust to new products and wish we had an alternative. Unfortunately, in this time of hyperinflation for paper, plastic and shipping on top of supply chain delays, the factories are unable to keep producing slower selling items without losing money.

As my mom always said..."This too shall pass." Let's hope it's sooner rather than later. :cool: Be well, Adam

@MRjw48 Sadly the cost of living crisis is starting to affect incontinence products. It's something I'm starting to become anxious about, although I haven't seen any price increases from my normal suppliers yet. I've got a big backlog though so I should still be okay for a month or so. I'm looking into a urinary sheath to cut costs and the amount of rubbish using nappies creates every week.

Ever since Covid struck there have been more supply issues I think, plus over here in the UK, we've had issues with imports due to Brexit (seems to have cleared up now though). I've identified several brands that work for me and I've ended up having to chop and change a bit.

I've been having some success with Kegels so hoping that a return to pull ups and eventually regular underwear may be on the horizon in a few months but don't want to get ahead of myself.

Yes I do agree with you on that. I use north shore diapers as main supplier, I had to cut back on my order from case to 2 bags. North shore told me a case would cost me bought $150.00 that's alot of money if you're on disability. That is every month. I find it hard to get the diapers I like. When they are on sale I will get them even if they're abdl. I know what some of you may think but you gotta do what you can do.

Attention to Adam at north shore diapers I'm not complaining about price but concerned not for me but for others to. When you are on disability income and you need a good product, not like Medicaid diapers they are very poor product. If it means shopping around so be it.

MRjw48 said:
Attention to Adam at north shore diapers I'm not complaining about price but concerned not for me but for others to. When you are on disability income and you need a good product, not like Medicaid diapers they are very poor product. If it means shopping around so be it.

Understood, no problem at all. We understand the hardship and wish that costs come back down real soon so people can get all the essential products they need.

@MRjw48 I'm reliant on disability benefits so know what you mean. I did look at getting stuff from the continence care team for free but they use Molicare products and they weren't any good. Don't worry about getting printed products - I have to as they tend to be the most absorbent, fortunately I've found ones with innocuous prints so I feel better. I've also found it's a false economy not getting ones with hook and loop tapes.

I'm hoping the urinary sheath will cut my costs significantly.

I'm experiencing sticker Price as well... Went to buy extra NorthShore mega max due to hip surgery in a week and they are over $4.00 for one brief. When I am in a lot of pain I will use several just during the day. I was going to buy my usual brand total dry breathable and they are out of stock.

I've seen diaper prices increase too. Frankly, I'm not surprised - the price of everything is increasing!
Two things that might help...

Shop thrift stores, like Goodwill and others. I've found bags of Attends, 24 count, for 5 bucks. Now granted, the diapers I find at thrift stores generally aren't the best. (Even Attends are low quality these days.)BUT... If you just need a light weight diaper for around the house or short errands, I find they work ok for me.

Second... Maybe cloth diapers might fill the gap in certain circumstances?? Since I've been a bedwetter longer than I've had daytime incontinence issues, I've used cloth diapers with plastic pants at night for several years. Now days, with prices going up, I'll use a cloth diaper during the day, if I know I'm going to be around the house all day. Heck, with the right pants and long shirt combo, I can even wear a cloth diaper/plastic pants out in public without it being noticeable.

I also have noticed the price increases, and like others, I have made adjustments. As others have already stated, to reduce my monthly cost, I also have been using my "night time diaper combo" (cloth diapers and plastic pants) during the day. I find myself shopping for the "best deal" on disposable diapers and only use them when I will be away from home for more than 4 hours at a time. Yes, I am doing more laundry, but at the time, the cost savings is well worth my time.

Let's hope prices get back to "normal" sooner than later.....

Stay safe everyone.