Diapering

Archives1

Staff member
Hey guys.

I always put on a brief at night using a wall. Well I just had surgery on my foot snd I’m no. Weight bearing. Last night was a struggle.

Any other ways that it works well for others?

Just the good ol' bed and laying down. The wall is my fallback if my wife actually goes to bed before me.

Lying down for me. Used to be able to do it against the wall when I was more mobile but I agree the fit is better lying down. Can be hard to do when out and about though but I've found bed mats are useful so you can change lying down on the floor of disabled toilets. I've actually just bought an adult changing mat by a company called Care Designs which was made with this in mind.

I wonder if something like a Swifty Snap will help

fb7822fad43947b043386fb0cd922f80.jpg

@DPCARE Haven't seen them before; they look really useful! Before I switched to the traditional taped products, I was using belted pads which were easier to change standing up. The issue was that the bits that stick to the belt like velcro ended up digging into my skin and the product would fall down a bit after a while. Looks like the swifty snap offers the best of both worlds.

I tried using briefs and putting them on laying down on a bed or flat surface. I never can get them on tight enough and I can't seem to change it standing up. That's why I use pull ups majority of the time.

@DPCARE I decided to order one of those. I’ll let you guys know if it works!

For some reason I suck at putting them on lying down lol. So as of now I’ve been setting my alarm to crutch to bed. Hopefully once the nerve block wears off I’ll be able to at least do a little weight bearing and get one on

I hope it works out for you good luck

Dkscray255 said:
@DPCARE I decided to order one of those. I’ll let you guys know if it works!

For some reason I suck at putting them on lying down lol. So as of now I’ve been setting my alarm to crutch to bed. Hopefully once the nerve block wears off I’ll be able to at least do a little weight bearing and get one on

Hi @Dkscray255, best wishes for a quick and uneventful recovery from your foot surgery! Hope you feel better and are (ahem!) back on your feet in no time at all!!!😊

Found a hack that works for hook and loop nappies - if you tape one side up and pull it up like regular underwear you can then do up the other side and adjust it without standing against a wall. Has to be hook and loop though as a fair amount of adjustment is necessary. Will try this rather than lying on the floor if I'm in a disabled toilet without a bench. Still pretty fiddly and uncomfortable with my current mobility issues but better than the wall approach.

that sounds like a good system

Sci_Fi_Fan said:
Found a hack that works for hook and loop nappies - if you tape one side up and pull it up like regular underwear you can then do up the other side and adjust it without standing against a wall. Has to be hook and loop though as a fair amount of adjustment is necessary. Will try this rather than lying on the floor if I'm in a disabled toilet without a bench. Still pretty fiddly and uncomfortable with my current mobility issues but better than the wall approach.

Apart from the fact that this "snifty snap" is probably built more for babies and will be a bit too small, you can also use belt-type diaper. This has exactly the same effect.

In bed, of course, the application is always problematic if you can not lift the buttocks for whatever reason. In this case, however, also goes as it is done in the hospital: Spread out the diaper on the bed, roll one wing (the direction of the body), then lay on the bed so that the diaper is at the right height behind you and roll back on it and roll the wing out again and close the diaper as usual. If the bed is large enough, this works even when lying down.

the link I supplied is for an adult size Swifty Snap

MichaelDahlke said:
Apart from the fact that this "snifty snap" is probably built more for babies and will be a bit too small, you can also use belt-type diaper. This has exactly the same effect.

In bed, of course, the application is always problematic if you can not lift the buttocks for whatever reason. In this case, however, also goes as it is done in the hospital: Spread out the diaper on the bed, roll one wing (the direction of the body), then lay on the bed so that the diaper is at the right height behind you and roll back on it and roll the wing out again and close the diaper as usual. If the bed is large enough, this works even when lying down.

Sorry you‘re right - I did‘t had a look to the sizing table… I was confused about the 6 x 7 zoll but in the text they wrote 91,4 to 114,3 cm…

Being an amputee I have this challenge as well. Laying down is my solution although it’s not as feesable when out and about. When out if I’m in my wheelchair I back up against a wall and stand on one foot. Not easy but it’s doable with practice