Diaper not filling

Archives1

Staff member
Hi just at question I have noticed the back of my diapers never get filled. I’m a heavy wetter. Only the front of my diaper fills. Has this happened to anyone else.

If I'm upright, then it certainly takes longer to wick all the way to the back, but it does happen. Are you on your feet all day? I hesitate to say it is a problem with your brief, at least not entirely- gravity plays a role, BUT, in theory, the extra padding, while ostensibly there for the sake of catching what happens when we are in bed, SHOULD take it up. Are you experiencing leaks at the front?

Hi I’m walking up up most of the day and yes it will leak at times in the front. At night I will fill the back but I just hate wasting diapers

To Jayindiapers, filled diaper or not, change when you feel you need or want to. I hate the feeling of even a semi-heavy pull-up.

I use a cloth baby diaper or other cloth piece down the length of my diaper. This helps wick the moisture better across the diaper and keeps that front heavy feeling from happening much too early.

When I change, I just rinse it out and place it in the wash.

Yes, it seems that disposable diapers don't "wick" the urine through out the diaper as well as cloth diapers do.

I think it's just one of those things and it depends on position. If I'm sitting (or when I used to be able to stand and walk properly) it tends to just fill the front but if I'm lying down it mainly hits the back but is more evenly distributed. I think that's the issue with the advertised absorbency level on products - technically it absorbs that much if it's evenly distributed but it's unlikely to ever be distributed that way.

I wouldn't say it's abnormal - the Tena Premium Fit have no rear protection to make them more discreet but could hold an accident back when I was active and walking around. Useless for IBS issues though so that's why I switched (that and the changing).