diaper leaks are the worst

Archives1

Staff member
I don't often leak. My pullups are usually terrific at holding more than one wetting if needed. I don't like to be wet so I usually change quickly when I have an accident but I frequently wake up with what I call a "10 pound diaper." Very saturated and swollen but my pajamas are usually still dry or just a little wet. But I think I got a defective pullup tonight.Had a very thin tear in it that was almost not visible at all. Went to a church event this evening. While we were working on stuff I suddenly needed to go pee. I tried to hold, feeling self conscious but then I dribbled and realized my minor need for the toilet wasn't actually minor. I dribbled again and realized there was no point in trying to go downstairs to the bathroom. So I just stood there and kept working and let my bladder empty in my pullup, thinking no one would be the wiser, then I'd just go change. Yeah...no. With that tear in the crotch,I might as well have been wearing regular panties. All of a sudden I realized I was peeing down my legs and pee was pouring into my socks and soaking into the carpet. All I could do was stand there helplessly with piss running down my pants like a child in front of everyone. When I was done I ran out before anyone could say anything. I thought I was dealing as best I could with the fact that I'm a 27 year old who still needs pullups but its times like this that I realize how much I haven't really accepted it. I hate it so bad. I try so hard for only tiny amounts of success. I KNOW things could be much worse. I get it. And I'll get over it. I think its the publicness of it all that upsets me the most. And I just need to be upset right now. 😢😢😢😢

Hi, Yesterday I met my urologist and I told him that my incontinence has improved during the night and I do get the urge to urinate. But I do see small drips throughout the night probably around 50ml.

During the day it continuously drips and doesn't have any feeling on the urge to urine. If an urge to urinate is felt I will need to go to the toilet immediately otherwise it will come out by itself. Unable to squeeze to control it on some occasions.

Its been almost 4 months after my prostate operation and my urologist prescribed me a medication (Detrusitol 4 mg) for 3 months. He also scheduled a urodynamic scan to determine the cause of my incontinence end of Jan 2020. This will be done at the day surgery ward which will take about one hour.

Like to share the information on the drug prescribed and you should be able to get more information on the drug from the internet.

Best Regards
TP

@ShiRae I had the same experience until I started using the condom catheter. At least I can urine anytime I want and it's so convenient. I recommend you to try this. Condom catheter to be replaced every 24 hours and the leg bag can be washed and reused. I am using Conveen it cost me SGD2.00 a piece. Leg bag around SGD6.00 and the night bag under SGD1.80.

Best Regards
TP

ShiRae said:
I don't often leak. My pullups are usually terrific at holding more than one wetting if needed. I don't like to be wet so I usually change quickly when I have an accident but I frequently wake up with what I call a "10 pound diaper." Very saturated and swollen but my pajamas are usually still dry or just a little wet. But I think I got a defective pullup tonight.Had a very thin tear in it that was almost not visible at all. Went to a church event this evening. While we were working on stuff I suddenly needed to go pee. I tried to hold, feeling self conscious but then I dribbled and realized my minor need for the toilet wasn't actually minor. I dribbled again and realized there was no point in trying to go downstairs to the bathroom. So I just stood there and kept working and let my bladder empty in my pullup, thinking no one would be the wiser, then I'd just go change. Yeah...no. With that tear in the crotch,I might as well have been wearing regular panties. All of a sudden I realized I was peeing down my legs and pee was pouring into my socks and soaking into the carpet. All I could do was stand there helplessly with piss running down my pants like a child in front of everyone. When I was done I ran out before anyone could say anything. I thought I was dealing as best I could with the fact that I'm a 27 year old who still needs pullups but its times like this that I realize how much I haven't really accepted it. I hate it so bad. I try so hard for only tiny amounts of success. I KNOW things could be much worse. I get it. And I'll get over it. I think its the publicness of it all that upsets me the most. And I just need to be upset right now. 😢😢😢😢

I don't wear pull ups for this reason. I usually wear tena maxi slips and drylife plastic pants this keeps leaks to an absolute minimum during the day.

Hi SriRae,

Have you tried an actual tape on diaper yet? If your voids have that much volume it's worth trying. I understand the "crossing a line". I posted my thoughts about it yesterday.

Pullups seem to be generally designed for just so much capacity. By switching to a diaper, you'll be able to find a higher capacity solution to manage your issue. Also, nothing I've found contains like a plastic backed diaper and you can change without taking off your pants. With regards to plastic crinkle, wearing your regular cloth underwear over the diaper quiets it significantly, if not completely, in my opinion.

I prefer Northshore's Supreme Lite, but they also offer higher capacity models, such as Supreme or Megamax. Northshore's quality and customer service is excellent.

I think if you seriously try a diaper during the day, it will change your life. It does take awhile to find your fit. Each brand does not fit everyone the same and it took awhile for me to figure out the best place to tape them, but I'm happy with my results now.

No Leaks, No Worries.

Everybody who wears a diaper experiences a leak from time to time. To minimize the frequency, I wear a high-capacity diaper (such as BetterDry, ConfiDry 24/7, Rearz Inspire+) and change at least three times during a 24 hour period. For that reason, I experience a leak very rarely. Unlike Peterx3t, I’ve had more problems with condom catheters than with diapers.