Diaper Leak Control?

Archives1

Staff member
Has anyone ever used waterproof rain pants to prevent bedding from soaking from leaking diapers? Or used swim trunks or disposable plastic pants? The plastic pulls are good but still not 100%. I currently use over 24 booster pads nightly .. changing each time I urinate in my name brand diaper. Soaking in Canada. scottmail4u@rogers.com

So I’m new here but I’ve been experiencing leaks every time I empty my bladder so you are not alone. I think Northshore has some better products but if anyone has some better ideas, we would gladly welcome them!

I use two chucks to keep my bed from getting wet. I use a Dri Direct diaper with 1 booster pad that usually gets me through the night. If I did not use the chucks then I'd have a mess if things leak.

There's a UK company called pjama who do pyjama bottoms/shorts and they do adult sizes but the price is crazy expensive:
Pjama link

I like your idea of waterproof trousers. In the thread about 'peepeepants' (which again look great but are insanely expensive) I mentioned that I'm tempted to try a swim nappy for leaks as whilst it's mainly for fecal incontinence, figure it should offer some extra protection for urinary issues.

I was wearing plastic pants for extra protection but I've had two recent occasions when they've been useless. Turns out that they were good for thinking I had extra protection and giving me extra confidence but that was about it!

Thanks for info about British company. How do you put a price on getting a good night DRY sleep? I've been extra miserable due to lack of sleep and taking it out on my wife who just want to help. Thanks for your email. mike in canada

Until I can find ways to stop leaks from my diapers and plastic over pants, I'm going to use a garbage bag with leg holes (which I will tape up with duct tape) to provide a third barrier. Yes I know this sounds crazy but when you go nuts from lack of DRY sleep anything goes. I'll let you know how it works. Crazy in Canada Mike

I’ve heard of people using a light weight cloth diaper over their disposable diaper to catch leaks, I’ve never tried it, but I’d think it’d be worth trying, especially if you’re frequently dealing with leaks.

@Stevewet Something like this? Terry pants link

May be the solution I've been looking for in terms of leaks in that the plastic pants don't have any absorbency and the cloth pocket nappy covers don't come up high enough. I'll order one when I do my next order. BetterDry have been out of stock for ages. I wonder if it's Brexit related as they're made in the EU. Hoping they're back in stock soon as I've only got a couple of weeks' worth left.

Extrasorb ES 350. These are the ones that they use in the hospital. They have really saved my bed. The other one that I put on top of this one is something I get from Parentgiving.com. they are peach colored and absorb well. If you want the information for those let me know. Both chucks are available over the internet.

Diaper Covers can be useful for leaks, sagging and odors. We have a selection at:

However, many people prefer to avoid leaky diapers & pullups by using more absorbent diaper such as MegaMax or GoSupreme and/or using a "Booster Pad" (aka doubler, insert, stuffer)

We have many sizes to "boost" the absorbency and reduced leaks as much or little as you need at:

I haven't tried this but it sounds like it could be worth a try I currently don't own any rain pants

michaelscott said:
Has anyone ever used waterproof rain pants to prevent bedding from soaking from leaking diapers? Or used swim trunks or disposable plastic pants? The plastic pulls are good but still not 100%. I currently use over 24 booster pads nightly .. changing each time I urinate in my name brand diaper. Soaking in Canada. scottmail4u@rogers.com

Hi Michael I am reiterating what northShore Adam stated. I am not sure what type of protection you are using at nighttime but I would suggest if you are not using a true diaper brief with tapes I would suggest immediately switching to one. I know this can be mentally hard for most people however you can get them to fit much better and they are way superior products.

Since you are in Canada you can now get mega max diapers through healthwick.ca just for your information. Hope you find some good success in short order.

Best of luck from Jason

I highly agree pullups just don't offer the same protection that a full tape on diaper does

Jwh51 said:
Hi Michael I am reiterating what northShore Adam stated. I am not sure what type of protection you are using at nighttime but I would suggest if you are not using a true diaper brief with tapes I would suggest immediately switching to one. I know this can be mentally hard for most people however you can get them to fit much better and they are way superior products.

Since you are in Canada you can now get mega max diapers through healthwick.ca just for your information. Hope you find some good success in short order.

Best of luck from Jason