Diaper help

Archives1

Staff member
OK guys, I have tried almost every diaper on the market. I have even used booster pads and the still leak! My problem is when I get the urge, I am so full and unable to stop or slow the stream so when I go, my outputs are between 800cc's and a liter at a time (results of urologic testing). So what can I use that can handle that much at one time? I am very frustrated by this. Actually I only void twice a day but it is in my pants all the time. I have a hold head injury that prevents me from feeling it when I am filling or even moderately full. I really need some help, men.
Thanks

Abena M4, Dry 24/7, Forsite PM are about the top 3 for adults I know of, you tried all of these? Other then that, an external catheter may be an option, with a 1 L leg bag, looked into this at all?

You might consider going on a schedule that works for you. Suggestion, when you rise, mid morning, after lunch, late afternoon, after supper, and when you go to bed. I had to go on a schedule, and it was very helpful. Voiding only twice a day is not healthy, and results in a very full and stretched bladder.

Hello. Joel here. I have had the same issues as you. The cloth backing diapers are my worst nightmare. They always leak when I wear them. Tranquility ATN plastic backing diapers have helped me a lot. Another one to try is ConfiDry 24/7. I ordered a case a few weeks ago. WOW! They can hold a lot. They are more bulky and more money. They are worth every penny in my book. I hope this somewhat helps you out.

Hi all, Just ensure you have the correct size. its important you get correct waist measurment or you can experience leakge from around the leg line. You definately shouldnt be experiencing leakage

If you are able to urinate voluntarily, as Anita suggested, a timed-voiding schedule should reduce the volume of the floods.

dougsbc said:
OK guys, I have tried almost every diaper on the market. I have even used booster pads and the still leak! My problem is when I get the urge, I am so full and unable to stop or slow the stream so when I go, my outputs are between 800cc's and a liter at a time (results of urologic testing). So what can I use that can handle that much at one time? I am very frustrated by this. Actually I only void twice a day but it is in my pants all the time. I have a hold head injury that prevents me from feeling it when I am filling or even moderately full. I really need some help, men.
Thanks

An ABENA M4 or any or the new REARZ series of disposable briefs PLUS the addition of Abena's best 7" by 24" booster should be up to the task. Two of those boosters are do-able, but would be uncomfortably bulky by SAP expansion in short order.

Now, an earlier answer for you came from VestalM* about the use of a good 'overpant'. Did you try this? That would help contain leaks at the tops and leg openings of your brief. Yes, a number of us do use these...plastic / vinyl / rubber pants as you could call them and they work. Since you do not wet at night, you really would not have to go to a full 'bloomer' style that I use at times.

Other than disposables, some with heavy and sudden voids say there is nothing more effective than cloth diapers. That may be an unpopular solution...but they DO have that unique quality for taking on large, sudden gushes. And with cloth, you would have to add vinyl or rubber pants over the cloth.

If you can't find it, this is VestalM's response to you from a few weeks ago...please read it again:

----------------------------------------------

@Vestalm
Vestalm said:
Dougsbc

I too have urge flooding problems. Also having major night time issues. I have found that some diapers are definitely better than others at handling the rate and quantity that is happening. Some can even handle multiple floods if necessary before requiring a change. I am kind of new to all this and have certainly not tried everything on the market. However, Some that I have had success with include Abriform XPlus L4 (soft), Molicare Super Plus (plastic), Seni Quattro (soft), Confidry 24/7 (plastic), NorthShore Premium (plastic), and Rearz (plastic). Each of these are different thickness and absorbancy and fit and discreetness. Each is excellent for different reasons and having them all gives you me options for different situations.

Another option is to try diaper covers over the briefs. I like several types that work very well (incl but not limited to Gary Wear and Leakmaster). I hope that you can find a product (or products) that works better for you to help you handle your situation better and get you back to feeling more comfortable and confident. Good luck.

------------------------------------------------

Best of luck and be well.

Andy.

I hope you have contacted a doctor to work this out. At home I wear washables, which can be layered as much as necessary to guarantee protection, plus plastic pants. When I travel I wear disposables. You might consider high end Abena, Molicare, and Dry 24/7, along with timed voiding. Good luck.

Have you given Northshore care supply a try. I got them linked with the VA hospital in my area and their supreme line is the best.
Also if you are having trouble with leaks try some packing tape. I have a odd size and my thighs are large from all the running I used to do but I have a little weight on my now, so fitting can be a challenge. Tape them up then use a little packing tape at the bottom as a third tape. Has helped my immensely.
Also Northshore, if you can afford it, will help make cumstom fit briefs for you if you call. I was doing it for a while with third tapes and with my measurements.
Worth a shot.
Good luck!!

I'm I the only one when I wear the cloth back disposable diapers they always loosen up on me. And that never happens with the plastic backed Disposables. And to answer your question I would use cloth diapers & plastic pants at bedtime during the day there just too bulky to conseal under your street clothes.

I concur with many guys here. Tranquility ATN have worked for me historically and I wear them at bedtime with PUL pants. I squash the PUL pants with tight fitting Jockeys.

I just received and tried out new Confitex briefs. They did well. My bladder spasmed twice on my way home. I'll follow up with the volume later. My shorts stayed dry!
031d46b8818e507da5a338b46a2636c7.jpg

The brief did wick as in photo on both sides of integrated pad on the seams. Disappointed but they did get me through two stop lights and three miles from urge to home. 125 mls of volume. About 4 oz.
fb06017bd16174a1b2bf107b484271fd.jpg

I use the confidry 24/7's at night and long trips and am now using tenas slips during the day and these almost never leak and are quite comfortable and I have never gotten a smell of urine while wearing these either. Two thumbs up on both products.