Diaper Changes

Archives1

Staff member
What is the best way to change your diaper yourself? I try to lay down on a bed or flat surface and change myself like you would a baby. That works but I can never get the diaper tight enough until I stand up and retape it. Standing up seems hard to do as well. Any suggestions? I wish I had someone to change me so I know it gets on me right and will stay on and would not have to worry about it coming loose under the weight of my using it.

That's why I wear pull up diapers most of time because if I lay down I can't get them tight enough the first time so I then have to stand up in front of a mirror and try to readjust the tapes without ripping them off and they not resticking.

I do mine standing up against a wall to hold it in place while I get the tapes as tight as I can, Phil

I lay down on bed when I am home. Once I lay down I lift myself up on shoulders and feet and pull the sides of the back tight and drop back onto it. Then I pull the front up and tape. When I am out I stand with my back against the stall wall or the actual wall of a disabled toilet to change. Worse comes to worse and wall looks nasty I will use wipes to clean the toilet and lay the diaper on it and sit to put it on.

I use pull up during the day. I have always stood up when putting on a tape on. I guess i have done it enough I know where to put the first 2 tapes on the lowest 2 and the use the others to make it fit tight. I use to put regular underwear over it and that helped to make it fit real snug even if i didnt get it taped up just right. I have had a few girlfriends thst was willing to help but I prefer to do this myself and I figured that after a while she would end up thinking of it as another chore and resent it and probably hate it and be something else she would complain about lol. I maybe wrong. Its never discussed with my family, Its never been a need to know thing since I have been able to deal with it myself. Before I was able to buy online I did have close friends or family that would pick up what I needed, it was awkward for me tho.

I lay down whenever at home-I can get them on better that way. Before i lay the 1st side down to wrap the back part (with the tapes) around, i pull the diaper upwards by the front and the back, to make sure its as tight as possible. And, taping them down just has to be learned and perfected with practice. They have to be right bc they leak so easily if not.
But, my biggest thing i learned was that 'pulling them up' thing before taping. I pinch the right-side front and right-side back, pull it up as much as possible, then tape it, as tightly as possible-but not too tight! Ive cut circulation off to my legs before lol Frustrated over leaking..
I prefer to wear pullups during the day but thats not always possible. Shoot,RARELY possible. Only if someone buys them for me.
1st, its expensive for me to buy 2 diff types and 2nd: i go thru the pullups so quickly. More changes in a day..Its just not cost-effective for me..But, so much easier to keep hidden, more accepted by female friends (they usually are who buys them for me) and i dont feel so..embarrassed when wearing them in public. They make little to no noise. I dont like how loose they feel but thats just me i guess.
But,ive had some embarrassing leaks while using them. I dont like how often i must change them..

Hell, the nurses at the hospital didn't get it anywhere near right - not tight enough (To hold in place OR prevent leaks) even when i wasn't allowed "up" - and they were doing it while I was on the bed. Used the pull-ups, at home after the hospital, now (about a year later), rarely need more than the heavy pads. Thank you, Lord.

I never thought I would discuss this openly. I use pin-on cloth pre-folds. If at all possible, I will change laying down on my bed and take my time to make sure I have it centered and use 6 pins to hold it in place. With cloth, you have to pay attention to how it rides. I buy supplies from AdultClothDiaper.com and wear the vinyl Leak Master Deluxe pull-on. It fits very snug, and compressing everything so well that it is not obvious I'm wear diapers.
Providing, the diaper is centered on my and I double check to assure no of the diaper is exposed outside the Vinyl pant, no problem.

When changing out side my home such as restrooms, it is time consuming to get it right. Use a restroom stall, I can usually get by with out anyone noticing, and place the used diaper & vinyl pants into my backpack. There have been times when it did not go so well, but I'm able to move forward without getting embarrassed over it. The one thing I will not do is change in the mens locker room in the spa. Lying down on the long narrow bench and openly pinning on a diaper with vinyl pants is something I just can't come to grips with. So far I have never had say anything sarcastic, but have had men, women, and teens inquire why of simple questions.

Best of luck lady's and Gents!