Diagnosed OAB Found help and relief

Archives1

Staff member
My story is I had a few bladder infections. I had symptoms that never went away even though the infections were cleared up. I was in so much pain all the time in my bladder with walking, sitting, urinating all the time, not sleeping through the night. I went up a size in pants so I would have more room around my waist to relieve the pressure.

I was diagnosed with OAB. I'm a healthy 40 yr old running 5/6 days a week and no kids. Doctors say they have no cure. I tried exercises, acupuncture, and Myrbetriq. The Myrbetriq was helping the best so far. However I don't want to be on a medication for the rest of my life because ALL medications have side effects. The Myrbetriq was helping relieve the symptoms but I know it was only masking the symptoms and not fixing them. I was open to try ANYTHING just as many of you are to get rid of this. I went to a Homeopathic person and have been taking a natural remedy for the last 6 months. I'm now off all prescription medication and have been feeling great with all my symptoms gone while I continue to finish out the natural remedy treatment. I am able to run and jump with no symptoms, pain or discomfort. I'm able to sleep through the night. I'm hoping and I believe that all my symptoms will stay away when I eventually stop the natural remedy.

Why are all our medical doctors against being open about homeopathy ways when they themselves don't have any answers or cures? I feel our medical system pushes us towards medications and keeping us on them and telling us there is no cure. I don't believe with this many people with OAB there is nothing that can be done. This is why I kept searching and trying new things. I hope many of you are open to try other ways also because I believe there is relief for everyone. We just have to keep trying things known to help.

This is the best news I've read in awhile but can you be specific what is a "homeopathic person?"
A medical doctor who specializes in homeopathy? A lay person who practices some treatment? A certified homeopath?
Would your Practioner be willing to share their remedy with another colleague so we can start with some idea of what might work?

The problems with homeopathy is that there are no valid studies to document anything as valid or invalid(there should be). Also, waiting 3-6 months counting on something to work or show its effectiveness can delay seeking appropriate health care and even allow a condition to become dangerous.Also some of these homepathies are quackery and the practitioners want money as much as the docs or drug companies do. CBD is an example. Every third house sells it but it can cause increase in clotting time in people on warfarin. What other herbs interact with pharmacueticals? Be aware is all Im saying. I think some homeopathy is good, but which onrs?

Homeopathy what is it??? I never heard of this and does it work??? I have a small bladder will it help me, the only thing works for me is diapers.

I've found that when it comes to medical issues, doctors will often just jump straight to the potentially quick, easy fix (i.e. medication), rather than look at other options which can be just as effective (and indeed, better in terms of side effects) but take longer. I'm glad that homeopathy has worked for you. I've had various 'alternative' treatments for various non-incontinence issues which have worked wonders. Was it all in my head and a placebo effect? Possibly, but if the end result is the same, I don't see the problem.

I guess it's ultimately finding the solution that works best for each individual.

I disagree a bit that docs go to quick fix. They prbly go to what works in most cases,thus non response to therapy is a quick and cheap way to rule out a lot of common things. It keeps the costs down by not doing unnecessary, potentially harmful and expensive tests. Its the 80-20 rule; 80% of the problems can be corrected by looking at the most common 20%. What concerns me is that so many of them look just so far after that. I have had GI workup where I told the doc what I wanted him to do in addition to routine scoping. We didnt find the culprit, but thats because the jerk didnt read my history and add 2+2. The next guy did and im under control

Yeah, maybe I was being a bit harsh. It's just been my experience and my area hasn't got the best medical care. I certainly had better doctors when I was away at university. My recent dealings with the urologist have been less than stellar. I'm moving away from the area though so maybe I'll have more luck somewhere else.

Homeopathy is based on the idea that substances have particular "vibrations" that can be remembered by the substances around them. It uses chemicals that cause the symptoms it seeks to treat (for instance, to treat bladder irritation it will use something that's known to be a bladder irritants), put a tiny amount of it in water, then do serial dilutions until there is a statically low probability that even a single molecule of the original chemical remains in the solution. Dilutions call be on the order of one part in a thousand, repeated ten times, which gives a dilution of 10^30. If they use a few milligrams of irritant (let's say citrus juice, although I'm not a homeopath so I don't know what they would use - it varies practitioner to practitioner), they'll start with around 10^22 molecules, leading to around a one in a hundred million chance that there is a single molecule of the citrus juice in the final preparation. The idea is that the water remembers the "vibrations" of the citrus, and takes on curative powers because of that.

There are several notable holes in this theory (like what other "vibrations" has the water been exposed to before the homeopath started with it) but the most glaring one is that there are no studies showing any measurable change in the water, nor showing that the water works any better than just using a bit of distilled water. The idea of the water remembering these vibrations isn't stopped by any widely held theories of chemistry or molecular physics.

Many homeopaths also incorporate herbalism and similar things into their practice, and some of these preparations may have some efficacy - there's plenty going on in the plant world that continues to inspire the pharmaceutical industry. If you're going to use homeopathic remedies, I'd urge you to know what you're getting, and I personally would steer clear of the classic homeopathic solutions.

That's all quite interesting. There are homeopathic remedies that can be purchased in big box stores and you may not be aware they are homeopathic. One in particular is Cold-Eze, a lozenge that supposedly helps relieve symptoms of the common cold. I've used that several times before and to me if I feel there's a cold coming on and I start taking Cold-Eze at the very first sign then it does hold off on a cold's development. I remember one time I tried it and I took it for a couple of days and the cold never developed at all. That said it is made with zinc and there is a distinctive after-taste. If you drink beverages for a few hours after taking Cold-Eze the beverage has a distinctive taste that may be disconcerting. But if taken past the first signs then the jury is still out as far as I'm concerned.

Since they are nutricueticals and not pharmaceuticals, there is no oversight re purity or content. As an example, there were 10 glucosamine/chondroitin veterinary prducts tested. They are used for arthritis. The testing lab found that of the 10, only 2 had in the pills what the label claimed, while 3 had NONE of the active ingredient at all! The other 5 had varying amounts under the claims on the label. Also, be aware of China for contamination with toxins. Buyer beware

MRjw48 said:
Homeopathy what is it??? I never heard of this and does it work??? I have a small bladder will it help me, the only thing works for me is diapers.

Homeopathy is placebo. It's absurd. You dilute a "medicine" to the point where your bottle of "medicine" may not even contain one single molecule of the "medicine".

I guess if it works for some folks that’s okay. I imagine some areas may not have the same healthcare we do or they treat conditions differently. That’s okay too if it works.

I think Doug has a good point. I, too, would be leery of medicines that came from China. Who knows what went on when it was processed???? Not sure if they even have the same standards that supposedly the U.S. would have.

billliveshere said:
I think Doug has a good point. I, too, would be leery of medicines that came from China. Who knows what went on when it was processed???? Not sure if they even have the same standards that supposedly the U.S. would have.

Do you not realize that like 80% of our life saving meds are made in China? notably antibiotics but many others as well?
I wasn't aware of this til Covid blew up and found that most of our meds are actually made over there. It's a disgrace.