Dang Post office..supper slow.

Archives1

Staff member
Ordered my Abena pull ups, booster pads and a Gary wear diaper cover from LLMedico. Got the pull ups and booster pads the next day UPS but the Gary wear diaper cover went Post office.. it was shipped on the 14th and still isn't here yet (Yea I know Sunday) but still.. our local post office has not delivered mail at all this past week and blamed it on the weather and covid-19 but other parts of town got there mail and there is only one post office in this area so I don't know what is going on... just sucks because I'm waiting to get the diaper cover..

The post office is probably swamped with packages. I have noticed that my p.o box mail is irregular these last few days. Everymonth that I order my diaper case sometimes ups will bring them and other times is fedex. Hopefully this pandemic will end sometime next year its driving us all crazy.

I've seen some news stories about the USPS problems. Package delivery demand is up because of the pandemic, so UPS and FedEx have to many packages already and have responded by cutting off some of their customers, pushing those customers to USPS. USPS, in turn, by law can't cut off customers, and their volume was already up because of how much UPS and FedEx rely on them to do "final mile" deliveries, as well as all the business of these other new customers and the overall increase in packages. This leaves then completely overwhelmed, with some carriers being assigned double eight-hour shifts back to back, and still no way to get fully caught up.

It's a perfect storm, driven by current events, legal limits on USPS's ability to react quickly, and some management missteps. Remember to be extra nice to your letter carrier this year - the problems aren't of their making, and they're generally working extremely hard to try to keep up.

The postal service seems to be very backed up. I'm waiting for 2 Christmas gifts that I ordered November 22nd.

Imgettingold - I too had a package that wasn't delivered anywhere near the time I was told. Finally over a month later I looked up the tracking info and found that the package hadn't been delivered because "I had moved and not left a forwarding address" so was sent back to the sender! Of course I haven't moved since April 1990! So I emailed the sender and they got my order to me within 2 weeks with apology. Which undoubtedly was not their fault. I've been a customer of ThriftBooks for several years. Who knows what happened?

Hi @ltapilot, It is true this whole kerfuffle isn't the fault of the letter carriers. They are just overwhelmed and I'm sure they're doing the best they can under impossible circumstances.
And @LiveLifeJR, you've got that right with this damned pandemic driving us all crazy!!!!

I just checked the status of a package I was supposed to get yesterday. It arrived in town on Sunday morning, but for transferred to the next little town over on Monday and then came back here this morning (Tuesday). Ok doing Christmas with my kids on Wednesday, so I hope I have something to give my youngest kiddo!

First world problem, though. We are healthy and can afford to give gifts for Christmas, so I feel blessed by what I have, not upset by minor inconveniences!

Yes, being healthy right now is certainly a blessing. This virus killed a few people we know and one of the people that I worked with at another location. Take it seriously, I’ve been keeping everyone here in prayer that each of you remain in good health.
Thank you to everyone who is in healthcare, public facing and delivery service. And thank you also for the men and women who make and get our orders out to us. May each of you continue to be Blessed this Holiday Season.

And thank you, Jim, for your prayers and kind thoughts and I hope you and yours has a wonderful holiday season despite this never-ending covid. And of course best wishes to all of you in this forum!