Cytoscopy

Archives1

Staff member
Finally had a cytoscopy yesterday.

Today, not so great. I thought I had zero control before hand, but I guess that wasn’t the case. I have absolutely zero control right now. Lost any progress.

They said my bladder looked like a Dalmatian. Spots all over it, like inflamed spots. They took some for a biopsy, but he doesn’t expect anything.

He’s never seen anything like that before, just spots all over.

I hope they finally figure out how to fix this. And now I feel feverish today too, ugh.

If You’re feverish today you are a contact your PCP it could mean infection from the procedure just a suggestion

I had a very similar condition & findings back in 1990. I know it’s hard to believe, but at that time they told me that these “Lesions” (described by the technicians as mini-volcanos” were what was causing my OAB including pain, burning & spasms and needed to be removed immediately. As it turns out these are not that uncommon, and are seen quite often in people suffering from painful uncontrollable bladder spasms and finally they are not to be removed as it causes tremendous scarring and the bladder continues to shrink.
When they went in to remove them they caused severe & permanent damage and pain so bad I ended up having to leave my job for almost 2 years as the medication to reduce the pain and spasms were so powerful I could not even attempt to drive a car, let alone manage stock portfolios…
I would see about a different urologist that deals with these issues specifically, otherwise I sincerely doubt you will get the care you need.
Best of luck!

Sprung87 said:
I had a very similar condition & findings back in 1990. I know it’s hard to believe, but at that time they told me that these “Lesions” (described by the technicians as mini-volcanos” were what was causing my OAB including pain, burning & spasms and needed to be removed immediately. As it turns out these are not that uncommon, and are seen quite often in people suffering from painful uncontrollable bladder spasms and finally they are not to be removed as it causes tremendous scarring and the bladder continues to shrink.
When they went in to remove them they caused severe & permanent damage and pain so bad I ended up having to leave my job for almost 2 years as the medication to reduce the pain and spasms were so powerful I could not even attempt to drive a car, let alone manage stock portfolios…
I would see about a different urologist that deals with these issues specifically, otherwise I sincerely doubt you will get the care you need.
Best of luck!

Interesting. I hope that’s not the case for me. They definitely said more of inflamed spots, they didn’t use the term lesion at all. The biopsy I’m guessing will tell more…

I recently went to have another load of botox injections and advised the doctor that 2 weeks prior, I had a morning of blood in my night bag. I said I thought it might have been the start of another uti and on checking, he found my bladder covered in spots or "nests" of infection so could not do botox. I'm on another course of antibiotics now and had to re-book the botox for 2 months time.