Cystoscopy looking for scar tissue

Archives1

Staff member
Had prostate removed about 19 months ago, thinking about asking for this to see if there is scar tissue. I still have dribbles and leakages when coughing.

I have had it twice since my surgery in October 2019. When the prostate is removed there is a chance scar tissue will build up. Do you have a strong stream otherwise?

Had prostate removed august of 2020. Within a month started to have trouble peeing. Had scar tissue removed October of 2020 and have been ok since, but urologists recommended I self catheter once every couple of weeks to make sure everything stays open. So far, not a big deal.

@Sonorarider
How has self catheterization gone for you? I have a lot of difficulty with it and have given up trying. I seem to have good flow without it.

Before my prostatectomy I was self cathetering a few times a day so I got used to it then. Once every couple of weeks is much better though. Never had much of a problem with the process.

My husband had prostectomy 4 years ago and has to wear tens pad number 5. Damaged one nerve which sometimes happens as side effect. Frustrating but doesn’t keep him in. Exercises for pelvis unhelpful.
Afraid it will be for life now. Slings and others surgeries are we h hear are unsuccessful. No help out there. Doesn’t want to have catheter as ex nurse I agree.

@Colinmiles
You should not give in yet. Have you seen a second urologist? Just doing kegels is not the best way to go. He is probably doing them wrong. You should go to a well recommended pelvic floor physical therapist. After they insure your entire core is properly adjusted and many weeks of specific floor exercises you will notice the improvement. They will insure you are doing kegels correctly through touch, electronic measurement and DRE’s.

Have you heard about external catheters?

They can provide long term dryness for going out or long drives. You can also sleep 8 hours without getting up. The old posts on here are the best source for research and recommendations. Good luck!