Could use some positivity

Archives1

Staff member
Hey guys,

Trying to get in the spirit of the holidays - but still dealing with grief and loss. Ive made progress anxiety wise - but still dealing with alot of brain fog which is why i havent been active here.

Anyway, just could use some cheering up.

Sincerely,
Honeeecombs

Hey Honeeecombs, It’s hard at time, but try and think positive thoughts. Tomorrow will be a better day. Fingers crossed.

Hi Honeeecombs, It's still quite a way to go until the holidays so there is still time for good things to happen so please don't give up hope yet!
But don't tell Wal-Mart that there is still a lot of time until the holidays because I was in there just before September turned into October and there were a lot of Christmas things in the aisles out by the garden center, believe it or not!!! So it beats me what their line of thinking is!!
I hope you're feeling physically OK these days and as for any feelings of grief and loss it's something to get through and with each passing day the pain from that will lessen.
But something that will help is to volunteer somewhere and let people know that there is someone (you!) who cares about helping them and the beauty of it is you just never know who you will be helping and how much that will help them.
I'm just getting ready to enjoy another several months of hosting kids on field trips at the nature center. Those days are busy but a lot of fun interacting with the kids. Even though I've been doing it for 14 years now it hasn't gotten old and still look forward to looking at the calendar and seeing we have another trip coming.
Please take care of yourself and know that you'll always have our best wishes!!

Bill

@Honeeecombs, I find that when/if I can help others it lifts my spirits. Today I'll be traveling an hour to a regional food bank to pick up 1,300 pounds of food which I will transport back to our local food bank. Knowing the needy people in my area will benefit from this volunteer work makes me feel good. Is there any opportunity you may be able to help others you know who would benefit from your kindness? Maybe your spirits will be improved by helping others.

You always know folks in this forum want the best for you. Further we appreciate the positivity you add to our lives.

Hi Honeecombs

I hope you have a counselor to discuss gruef with. Grief and loss come to us ALL but each induvual feels it as though it is unique. We all need to be heard and guided tgrough that for sure

I agree the best way forward is to extend to giving some attention to help some other living thing in a practical way. A structured volunteer activity outside the house.

Could you consider helping catsvin a shelter with volunteering?

You are very spiritual person and a sensitive one, you bring alot of that to this group. Mqybe theres other areas of life you can bring uplifying co passion to fir other aspects of your life experience?

I will pray for you. My daughter passed away at the age of 10. It was in 2002. It still hurts. Especially around the holidays. Hang in there.

Thank you everyone; trying to keep pushing forward and be positive the best I can - your encouraging words have helped keep a smile on my face :)

Sincerely,
Honeeecombs

@Honeeecombs, You can get through all of this, you have that positivity about you where you do not need other to validate you. Just keep being you and you will come through it. Good luck.

@Honeeecombs

Step one, Shut out all the drama going on in the world.

Step two, Open Youtube and watch the Savannah Bananas baseball, or any other thing that will make you happy.

I am glad that I don't have cable tv with everything going on right now and just spend time on my Xbox or watching stupid stuff on Youtube.

Also DryBar comedy is great.

Hope it helps.

ThatFLGuy said:
@Honeeecombs

Step one, Shut out all the drama going on in the world.

Step two, Open Youtube and watch the Savannah Bananas baseball, or any other thing that will make you happy.

I am glad that I don't have cable tv with everything going on right now and just spend time on my Xbox or watching stupid stuff on Youtube.

Also DryBar comedy is great.

Hope it helps.

Thank you! I like the savannah bananas videos on YouTube- I also used to follow an entertainment group called DudePerfect which was quite fun to watch as well.

My mood has definitely improved the only thing that concerns me at this moment is my social awkwardness in social situations with people and socializing in public. Being out in public I've definetly improved, and that doesn't phase me anymore - its just socializing with people I have a hard time with.

Sincerely,
Honeeecombs

@Honeeecombs

I understand and feel you on the social aspect of things. I was dating someone and one of the biggest things I had issues with was my autistic side seems to increase when I am stressed and depressed. I almost always just sit at home. Now with this surgery coming up I feel like it’s going to be hard to get out until I get better with what I’m going back to.