Confitex Briefs

Archives1

Staff member
Has anyone used Confitex washable reusable incontinence briefs and what is your experience in using them?

I have used reusable briefs and found them dreadful for use outside the home. Basically if you have any leaking you are now wearing a rather sodden pair of briefs which you must then remove. You certainly cannot do that anywhere but at home. The only time I have used them is when we are entertaining at home and I know I will be drinking wine. Then I line them with a disposable pad in case I have any overflow or spillage. But for use outside the home, forget ‘em.

The question is, what time of the day are you going to wear them, and how much urine do you usually produce during that time? I checked out their website, they have two types for men. One says "absorbs at least 50ml". The other says "absorbs at least 100ml". Now if you look at a few sites that sell adult disposable diapers, they often rate those by how many HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS of ml they hold.

Please understand 50 mL isn't even two ounces and 100 isn't even close to 4, so that indicates to me that they are only good for tiny occasional leaks and not full voids which can easily be as much as 300-400 mL (well over 10-12 oz.).