Condom catheters

Archives1

Staff member
bold text
Hi everybody
Anyone uses condom catheters at night and during the day. What is your experience with them. The condoms i use are often difficult to keep and they slide off. In place of condom catheters what would you recommend particularly at night.
Also anyone has experiences with beyond XP 5000 nighttime diapers?

Make sure to use skin prep wipes to make the adhesive work better. Smith nephew makes ones that work well. It does sting a little as it’s drying

I tried them for both night time and daytime, without much success. One brand caused a painful rash due to the adhesive. The other brand didn't seal right. Frankly, I found it quite difficult to get it on a soft penis. It's not like rolling a condom onto an erection, in preparation for sex. For many of us older guys, incontinence is only half our problem. (E.D.) Also, when I DID get it on, the end wanted to kink and restrict the urine drainage. The only way I figured it would work is if I taped everything to my groin to avoid the tube and catheter kinking.

After trying the condom caths for a week, and ending up with wet pants once and wet beds twice, I gave up on them and went back to diapers.

Not for me. I really wanted them to work out but I toss and turn during my sleep. About 2 weeks trying and I was over them.

Thanks everybody for your thoughts and experiences with condom catheters. The consensus is that they do not work well and diapers ultimately is the better way to go. I think I have summarized all your answers correctly at least I hope so

I used the Hollister Extend wear... They were a life savor. I used them during the day at work and worked out in the gym with it also.. I took it off at night time... If you have it on too long you will get a rash.. It worked great for me as long as I have a good flexible hose to connect it to and a leg bag. I have the AUS800 artificial valve now.

@marcel , the xp5000s are only good for about 5 hours of use. The best one I use are the Betterdrys, they absorb sudden releases and hold up to 10 hours no problem.

Marcel, I'm making a correction to the post I put up earlier, I do not recommend them at all, I had a real bad experience with them yesterday and would rather recommend the BetterDrys, abenas or Rearz brand.