Complex cystometrogram and intra-abdominal pressure flow studies

Archives1

Staff member
Yesterday, I had urodynamics study done. While it was very uncomfortable and slightly painful, it helped me and my urologist better understand my decade plus issues with neurogenic incontinence.
Next steps are doing a 48-hour I/O bladder diary and figuring out whether I'm a candidate for Botox or Medtronic Interstim. As long as I don't have to go through what we did yesterday, and there's a good chance of getting out of diapers, I'll do it.

Fair enough and good luck. And I can fully agree that the urodynamics testing is quite the process lol as I completely passed out during mine. So I get your points fully. At least for me I don’t remember any pain fortunately but not sure why I passed out but the lady completing the test she said it is quite common in men since basically your body goes like into a mini shock state as they catheterize you after you finish peeing and hence they fully empty your bladder via the catheter and I guess if ones body is not use to that there in lies the shock to the body. And the lady was like it usually is like first responders especially firemen or any younger men who are in decent shape and the patients never see or expect it coming. Which was me. I was totally not expecting it and was like in shock just mentally after it happened as I totally did not expect it.

Curious mattyco would you do Botox if you are a Candidate for it. I could get Botox done on my bladder however then afterwards one has to perform intermittent catheterization and I just have not found the courage to catheter myself! lol.

And then I researched further on self catheterization and realized it is only truly recommended for a maximum of 12 month period in the medical books which then urologist are like you can do it forever.

But then on further research self catheterization can cause scaring in ones bladder each time one does it. Then over time the scar tissue builds up restricting the diameter of urine to pass through, and eventually it can almost close off requiring another procedure/ surgery to dilate it back to a wider pipe.

And off course never mind the risk of infection by just inserting a catheter into one’s penis.

Hence for now given all that info I have just accepted wearing diapers and am quite fine with it. Lol. But our positions are all very different and unique to ourselves. So mattyco I am not trying to scare you, just sharing what I have found out and curious your take on the information I have gathered. Lol 😂.

I am assuming you are younger like myself as I am a 39 year old male and have been dealing with incontinence getting more severe over the last 4-4.5 years. And it has been determined to be caused by MS lesions on my spine due to a major ms attack over many years (like 16-20years) as I didn’t even realize I had ms until I was basically bed ridden and puking my guts out for a month and a half as I never sought out medical care as I had the attitude my body would heal itself. Lol I had numb feet for 4-5 years and never told anyone. And honestly that was pure stupidity on my behalf but one can’t undo history just learn from it. So I have truly accepted my fate and it is what it is. And hell like the neurologists were scared as my first mri looked like a Christmas tree with lesions throughout all parts of my brain and fully down my spine and they didn’t even think I would have been able to talk. Just reflecting on all of this I could barely walk back then and now I have fully recovered that and am able to walk easily which I am very grateful for and I have learned to truly slow down to the speed of life and if I am stuck wearing diapers whatever it’s a small price to pay is my thought.

I hope you get whatever news you are truly hoping for and best wishes.

Cheers

Jason.