Comfortable with diapers!

Archives1

Staff member
Hi, I just thought I would post and give some hope. I have needed diapers 24/7 for a little bit over a year and I noticed that I feel totally casual about it now I do not care if anyone knows and don't try to hide it. We can all accept this condition and go on to bigger and better things

Well said benfrank iam like u now days I need them 24/7 and I doct care if anyone. Knows its none of there business

@Benfrank Awesome you arrived at comfort. I wish i could feel that way. I feel everyone is glaring even if they are not. And you know you guys are lucky. Female clothes are much more revealing. Unless i wear full poofy skirt, which is not always practicle or appropriate.

Melanie which kind of diapers do you use? Like I said it takes a while. How long have you been using them all the time?

Remember, no one cares about your underwear. Everyone is obsessing about their lives. If someone were to find out we're all adults. They would probably just brush it off, they might think "I wonder why she needs them" but they aren't going to judge. And if they were childish enough to judge how sad that they are so immature. Point is 99% of people will never know and .99% won't care or think twice about it. And for your comfort, it's just underwear. And it gives us a second lease on life. We don't need to worry about accidents which people notice and are often inconvinenced by

Tena ultra briefs when i think i will need them in the day. Reassure Overnight briefs for bed. Both purchased from HDIS.

Diapers have given me a normal life. I used to be obsessed with accidents and thought if I ended up wearing them day and night that would be rock bottom for me, but by accepting them I have gotten back to living a normal life. Melanie, I have never had anyone comment on my under-attire. If they did notice, I doubt they would say anything. But anyway, I enjoy going to the gym, seeing movies, and spending time with my significant other, which were all things that I avoided before accepting diapers.

I've been wearing diapers full time for about 6mos now. And I can fully attest to what an adjustment it was to leave underwear behind.

Although I'm not completely casual about these days,I have come to accept my wearing and am definitely more relaxed. If anything, I've learned to expect the unexpected and just go with the flow.

I wear a diaper 24/7 and have become comfortable enough where I don't care who finds out. I am now at the point where I will even change out of my pants to work out shorts in the locker room at the gym with my diaper showing.
The only differences between us and others is that our underwear is designed to hold urine so I can function normally with my life.

AtlantaGuy41 said:
I wear a diaper 24/7 and have become comfortable enough where I don't care who finds out. I am now at the point where I will even change out of my pants to work out shorts in the locker room at the gym with my diaper showing.
The only differences between us and others is that our underwear is designed to hold urine so I can function normally with my life.

That's great that you're so confident. Bravo.

Even though I'm nowhere near that comfort level where I would fully expose my diaper like that...I have gotten used to the fact that they sometimes show due to a shirt riding up or pants sliding down a bit over the plastic. And I can easily think of a few incidents where my diaper was showing...but part of the acceptance is not to get upset. Diapers are my underwear now. I have learned to be comfortable with that fact. So whenever mine shows...I just act casual and correct it. No problem.

I'm totally with you on this. While I occasionally backslide and feel bad about needing a diaper, for the most part, it's just a minor part of my life. Diapers are simply a tool to help me lead a rich life and pursue the things that interest me.

I agree. Diapers permit me to lead a normal life, doing everything that I need or want to do. Like AtlantaGuy, I also work out at a gym and change into and out of my gym clothes without worrying about the fact that my diaper is visible.

When I started having accidents going into diapers was a big ego letdown.I knew that was the answer so adjusted and now they are never given a 2nd thought like glasses.

I've been wearing 24/7 for over a year now, switched insurance companies and get First Quality(Prevail) diapers instead of Medline products which was what I use to get.
They won't provide extended or overnight diapers...only "moderate" ones that need changing after only 1 accident, around every 2 hours!
Plus, now I have a new doctor that I have to explain my complete loss of urinary AND bowel control to!
Should I contact my insurance company to get thicker, more absorbant diapers or wait till I see this new doctor?

I would start with your insurance company. That way if you need anything from your doctor, they can let you know.

I only wear at night, but I'm getting pretty comfortable with it. A few months ago I couldn't imagine wearing diapers to bed and the first handful of nights I felt so ashamed and ridiculous. Now it's just become a normal part of getting ready for be. Brush teeth, diaper on, pjs done. Sleeping in a dry bed is so worth wearing a diaper.

I used to dread being seen by my wife in a diaper. I remember the first night, she wanted me to come help her with the baby like 10 mins after going to bed and putting my diaper on. I got up, took the diaper off and went and helped her. Now, I'll get up to help her with the baby in the middle of the night and just leave it on, crinkling my way down the hall haha.

I've been having some leak problems lately. I think I'm between sizes in a few brands and I might not be putting them on perfectly. I'm hoping to avoid the added cost of using booster pads every night.