Coloplast Peristeen rectal incontinence plug

Archives1

Staff member
Has anyone tried the Coloplast Peristeen rectal incontinence anal plug? I first learned of it about a year ago, tried to get a sample, but was told it's not been approved by FDA for use in the U.S.

A couple of days ago, I looked it up on Ebay & Amazon, and noticed sellers trying to take advantage of desperate American's. They had it listed starting close to $20.00 and on up, for just 1 anal plug. I'm thinking I had read somewhere that a box of 20 was normally around $55.00.

I'd really love to hear back from other's who'd tried them. Like to know about their effectiveness and your thoughts on them.

Thanks,
Lee

Very interesting! Have not heard of this but am interested. I will look into it also.

Thanks! Betty Lynn

Coloplast Peristeen Anal/Butt plug

The Peristeen Anal plug is a simple, safe and discreet aid for faecal incontinence. It prevents the uncontrolled loss of solid stool. Because of its small size, the anal plug can easily fit into your pocket or handbag. It cannot be seen by others as it is worn inside the body.

Unpleasant odours are also avoided as the plug retains stool in the bowels.

The anal plug is inserted just like a suppository. The foam has been compressed to a small size and coated with a water-soluble film. When the film is exposed to the warmth and moisture of the rectum, it dissolves – the plug then expands, conforming to the shape of the rectal cavity. By protecting against leakage, the anal plug gives you the confidence to participate in activities where you need to feel secure, such as swimming.

Peristeen anal plug
•Is made from soft and comfortable foam that retains it softness in use.
•Comes in two sizes – small and large
•Is easily removed by pulling the soft gauze string attached to the plug
•Can be left in for up for 12 hours

Renew Inserts - for accidental bowel leakage (abl). I just learned / came across these on the internet. For anyone who has abl, this might be an option you should explore. It's not something I could rely on, b/c my problem is not leakage, it's the entire Bowel Movement. Just like the Coloplast Peristeen rectal incontinence anal plug, they are both expensive.