Coloplast 255020 - Conveen Active Thigh Bag, 8.5 oz.

Archives1

Staff member
I have a couple questions concerning this bag.
1. It seems the side shown in picture should go against your skin due to comfort but it’s apparently made for the sticky yucky side to go against your leg ?
Also how many days due you typically get out of this bag
Lastly something similar but better ?
?
61fa73a5c5e200dcee104a32f682c09b.jpg

I use this bag because it can be managed with a pair of loose shorts on and still not be seen. I use each one at least twice, washing it out thoroughly each time. I save the plastic that goes over the two sticky areas (yes they stick to my skin and come off easily) and reinstall them after each use of the bag. Because I use it while golfing, it slides down my thigh as the round goes on. So now I safety pin it to my underwear so it can't go anywhere. On the second use, I typically add tape to the Velcro area where the end attaches to the rest of the wrapping. I like it. My insurance only pays for two of these a month so I get as much use out of it as possible.

I think the reason the soft side is soft is to prevent snagging of your clothing, or rough fabric from rubbing against your other thigh.

Hi I have been using this bag now for 2 or 3 yrs . I actually position it in my pockets I had all my pockets deepened and a button at the entrance to the pocket It works very well connect through a small hole in pocket and tight undies . So the adhesive section I just affix the cloth to it so the cloth doesn’t move of the bag . I get a weeks use out of mine cleaning it thoroughly each evening .. as recommended by Coloplast consultant . The only thing you need to be careful with is the two connection pieces Make sure they are pushed on tightly each day One of the contributers on this forum suggested gluing them . I haven’t had to do this . Hope this helps a lot

I use this bag during holidays. They can discreetly be worn under wide swim shorts.
Downside is they can only contain a small amount of urine so i have to check randomly.
Because I use them in the water, the soft fabric only lasts for one day. It’s quite expensive and my insurance doesn’t cover them but for me it’s worth it.
Another downside is the sticky glue. It holds very well and also is easy to take off but I get rash very easily. I guess that is more due to my sensitive skin, i can’t even have a band aid for two days without getting a rash. So during the night i still wear diapers and to the beach or pool an external catheter with this bag.

Eden98

Swimming is tough on these bags but absolutely worth it . I use a ace bandage and can get a few extra uses

Yes they are. I also tried Manfred Sauer Sportsbag. They can contain 500 ml and are made out of conventional plastic so they last very long. Because they are strapped sideways they can also be hided under swim shorts. Downside is the small strap holes that only allows one small strap to hold it up around the leg. So either its so tied it cuts in my flesh or the bag slips down.
For the few days a year i need them the Conveen Active bags are a better choice.