Cold weather

Archives1

Staff member
Has anyone experienced increased incontinence if dealing with colder temperature/weather? I was golfing yesterday, and it was quite cool, and I went thru about 3 times the pads that I normally do.

Thanks

Jim

Yep. Was kinda ok most of the year so far till it got colder a couple weeks ago. Im headed to an urology apt to try again with the meds (I’m afraid of the injections and surgeries).

I am curious what kind of meds you have tried? I deal with stress incontinence and am not aware of any medication for this.

Im all urge. Its been over a year but I tried oxybutinin and detrol. Both had side effects worse than the problem and only solved about 50% of it. Found some luck with vesicare. Worked great but stopped taking it cause of dry mouth and I got just enough control to not leak without it. I’ve decided dry mouth beats wet pants. Lol.

@Jroberts When I was incontinent, Solifenacin reduced my leakage by 10 ounces a day from 30 ounces down to 20 ounces. It is an older generic drug. It was the first drug that I tried.

I find mine gets a little worse at night when I am tired - just fyi.

I am in LA (Lower Alabama - ha ha ha!!!) so not cold enough here until after Xmas to be able to tell!

ronron said:
I think that is normal. I'm scheduled for the AUS implant in January.

They moved it up from April - that's splendid! Cheers to that @ronron. Praying everything goes smoothly for you -

Blessings,
Honeeecombs

Thank you Honeeecombs for your prayers and the kind reply!

Actually, I moved it up to January since I spend far too many hours everyday on the commode. I'm dreading the almost 30 hours flying from Bangkok to Chicago. I was hoping to wait until the weather improves in April; however, I just can't stand dealing with the incontinence any longer!

You have a good memory...you remembered that I was going in April!

Sending my best to you and yours from sunny and warm Thailand,

Ron

@Jroberts We just talked about this a week few weeks ago. Please search old topics before creating new topics.

@artiejr, I guess in a odd way, there is a positive outcome of the drought.

On topic…Rain and cold affect me as well.

It does not seem to have an effect on my bedwetting, but I live in the south so not much of a temperature change.

JT