Changing products

Archives1

Staff member
So it seems most of the companies making absorbent products today think they need to make their product better and most of the time they've made it worse!! Molicare has become the latest company to change their comfort supers to the cloth like backing. Now I'm All for a better more absorbent diaper but the cloth backed diapers are usually thicker which means they are NOT discrete and almost always leak while also not containing the smell. I'm wondering how we can convince these companies to keep products that work well like the molicare comfort supers. There are many companies who have changed there products and I've had to find a new product which usually means a higher price as well. Anyone know who makes a diaper like the molicare comfort super with a plastic center and breathable sides?

I dont know. They seem to think they know whats better for us than we do. Abena still makes their most asborbant diapers in plastic but theyre not even listed on their website. Theyre readily available now, but im guessing their days are numbered. Too bad because abenas cloth style diapers are trash. Wish i could buy a warehouse worth to last me the rest of my life.

I thinks its the instututional buyers. They like to neglect their patients as much as they can get away with and i think they believe the cloth backed diapers result in less bedsores and gneral diaper related skin damage due to the nonsnese "breathability" of the garbage cloth style diapers. They prob figure this will get them sued less. They make up a large part of the market and have convinced the manufacturers that cloth is whats wanted. Too bad no one gives an actual shit about the wants of the actual end user though. I dont know a single other adult diaper wearer who prefers these cloth backed worthless diapers over plastic.

Northshore makes plastic diapers in 2 absobency levels and they are very good but i like the fit i get with the abenas much better. Im really goong to be disappointed if abena totally gets rid if plastic. As a 36 year old who is going to be in diapers forever i know sooner or later im going to end up with no choice but cloth style. That will seriously diminish my quality of life.

Has anyone engaged the mnfrs in conversation regarding this? I personally prefer the plastic outer layer type products because chafing is such a problem with the others - at least during the day. At night, I'm not moving around enough to make the problem worse. If the companies know that people who use the product and are mobile want the plastic backing they will be more likely to continue production. If it isn't profitable for all the mnfrs to market them, some will get out of it and the rest will have a larger slice of the market.

This may take some leg work, but look up the product/brand manager of a particular product on LinkedIn and e-mail them directly. IMO its the best way to reach out to someone in control of the situation in a large company.