Career vs OAB.

Archives1

Staff member
I may get an opportunity for a great new job that will require lots of travel. 3 weeks a month or more all over the country and sometimes international. I am sick of working from home and this sounds fantastic to me. Only problem is my bladder. My OAB is under control for the last year or so most of the time but when it flairs I usually need to wear diapers for a while.

How have others managed this?

I used to travel similarly for work. Mine is not well controlled so it is 24/7 for me in quality diapers. I could not risk a town without a good supply, so I just either packed what I might need plus a few or ship them to the hotel ahead of time. They will hold packages for you and were always very happy to do so. I spoke in front of people and had to get over any precieved embarrassing thoughts of someone finding out. Attire made a difference. Use tsa pre or similar to help with airport security. Tsa has a paper you can print out to hand to the people there to communicate your situation so you wont need to announce to everyone if asked.

I still fly and drive throughout Canada, the Northwest, midwestern and mid central states. You just plan for it. Just as I did during my career prior to retirement. Even when it was travel just throughout my home state of Alaska for work.

If traveling on overnighters, I

Don't let OAB stop you from pursuing a great career opportunity. The more you travel, the more you'll learn what works for managing OAB while away from home. You will develop management hacks in no time. For now, just be sure to have good quality diapers you can rely on, and I would add to have bed pads on hand to be safe. Good luck in your new job!

N.......,
I believe I sent you a note 1-2 years ago regarding our external aid that controls leakage, versus managing it thereafter. The good news is that we've just received patent protection for our product. The bad news is that we are just now seeking an industry partner to take it to market. (not yet for sale.) To give you some optimism, if only short-term help, I'd offer you an opportunity to try our product prototype. If you would add your evaluation to the dozens received from our valued volunteers during the development journey, it would be appreciated. Pls send me a note to amhelp@comcast.com, after which I shall send specific info for your review. Best wishes for your new venture. DG

Thanks everyone for all the support. The job will probably start in a few months if everything pans out and I made an appointment with a urologist again to take one more crack at fixing this. Either way I