Caffeine/alcohol/nicotine IC and living

Archives1

Staff member
Has everyone with IC given up on caffeine and alcohol? From the Marines and college the three things that keep my body working (no specific order) haha, are alcohol, caffeine and nicotine. Which, apparently all give OAB and IC a huge boost.

What have you swapped it out with? Or do you use in moderation?
I’ve actually read that THC/CBD helps with urges and control, but I am looking at jobs where I can’t do that.

I don't use nicotine, use alcohol in moderation, and am totally addicted to my morning coffee. I have been told it aggravates my OAB but am unwilling to part with my coffee. I stop caffeine any 3 pm so it does not effect my sleeping.

I had one day when it was tough. I think my OAB and UUI is just messing with my head and it’s not that bad. Huge difference in how I function.

@stuart I'm with you on the coffee. I had to quit alcohol for medical reasons and never started smoking, but coffee and tea are how I get through the morning! Cheers Phil

Unfortunately these things are known to cause incontinence and bowel irritation. So its up to you yo moderate the balane in your daily choices or to abstain gradually. Or not.

I moderately consume alcohol, regularly consume caffeine and use vaping instead of nicotine, it's the only thing that's been able to help me quit smoking. Though, in hardly the poster boy for making healthy choices.

I don't use alcohol or nicotine but certainly can't do without coffee. I tried to reduce it and as a matter of fact it does have effect on my bladder. But so do other things like certain fruits. For me coffee doesn't improve my bladder pain, but it also doesn't make it that worse that i don't drink it anymore. Like Maymay941 said: it's about finding the ballance

I gave up coffee for Lent this year. I also abstained from most soda. I did not notice much of a difference in my bedwetting output. My wife always thought my massive coffee consumption was the cause but I am not sure anymore. I do keep myself hydrated.

I normally seem to be visiting the bathroom every 45 minutes to an hour anyway, with or without coffee.

And yes that zebra in my window is from this weekend. The one on my side was so lovable. The one you see in profile pic wanted the whole bucket of pellets we had and didn’t want to give up.

My dog like to lick the coffee cup too. He is already wound up but I guess he likes the cream and sweetener at the bottom

I can honestly say that is the first wildlife adventure park that I ever had a major and very visible bladder accident when I got out of the car. I looked at my honey and said well that isn’t good... fortunately we hadn’t been to the hotel yet and my bag, an extra pull-up, towel, blanket and flip flops were in the back seat. While a dozen or so folk noticed (kind on couldn’t hide my pants or what was running down the parking lot from under me) The good news is I don’t think any of the animals noticed so that was the important part....and we had a great time afterwards walking through the Zoo part. Aside from that mishap we had a blast

And it was my fault. We stopped at a rest area prior to getting to the adventure park and I had to toss a wet pull-up in the restroom and forgot to take on in with me...I feel like a complete idiot for telling myself nothing would happen...what was I thinking😳