buying adult diapers plastic backing

Archives1

Staff member
i am on low income and can't afford cases of diapers every month. the diapers that i do like and work well for me are diapers north shore, like meg max/supreme diapers. i can only afford 2 bags a month. i have check other web site and the only sell cloth backing diapers they are okay but aren't absorbent enough for me. i can spend up to $65.00 that i can afford. if anyone has an idea let me know thanks. MRjw48

Have you tried talking to northshore directly and see if they can do an auto ship that will get you what you need or they can suggest solutions?
Justej had some relationship he set up with a local medical supply store privately that helped him budget and reduced shipping vost. Maybe try private messaging although he just had operation and might be not on line i don't know

I have been on a tight budget too in the past and I still shop for good deals and figure out the most cost effective way that works. I have found plastic backed diapers at thrift stores, garage/yard/estate sales, goodwill, ebay, and also unopened boxes/bags set out at the end of driveways after someone moves or passes away. I knew some folks that sold there home and had an entire bedroom completely packed to the ceiling with diapers and supplies all unopened, never figured out how that happened. Most of the time these are not top of the line but every now and then you will see them.

Yes indeed, the Salvation Army store down the road from my work saved me allot over the last few years. Although they have been trying to put close to retail prices on some things so I don’t buy from them that often now. They get it free...greedy store

MRjw48, are you on Medicaid? Like may said I found a local medical supply store that orders northshore for me and does the Medicaid billing for me. Depending on what I order I pay between 65-100 dollars for 3 cases per month. Medicaid pays 88 cents per diaper. Northshore doesnt deal with insurance so you will have to find someone willing to do the billing for you.

Hi Ej, hope you are gaining strength and learning to cope. Thank you for srayi g in touch and sharing your skill af getting affordables

Hey may. I'm trying my best. I went out for lunch today with a friend and went to some stores to get essentials. My God DC is not wheelchair friendly. I still haven't figured out how to change while out. At home I'm fine but out is a whole nother story. At any rate it's my pleasure to help others. Others helped me when I started having issues so I'm just giving it back

Hi EJ,
Hope things are getting better for you! Been praying for you and a speedy recovery.
Are you home yet?

Jim

Hey jrpoorman -
That happens sometimes. Posts pass each other in the vast internet space.
Things are ok. I'm admist the hard part of things. I get my stitches out Tuesday but am a little nervous as I had a fall last week

EJ Glad you are getting out, i know just about ANYWHERE it seems wheelchairs would be greatly challenged.

Are you okay from the fall? That has to be tough remember you are balancing all the time. Has the pain you were having gone away after your surgery? I’m sure you are still hurting a good bit. Just praying for quick healing for you so you can get back to your old self again🙂

Happy birthday Jim! Hope you continue to find joy in everything blessing you large and small throughout the year

I have medicaide. I can't get the diapers like North shore through Medicaid. I can only get store brand diapers, witch aren't that great they are cloth backing. I thank you for your help.

Mrjw, Ej has medicaid also. He went to medical supply stores until he found one thst will hill medicaid for him. He is a regular customer and maybe that is the way to go, talk to the store you buy from.
He pays the difference. If a diaper costs 2.00 and medicaid pays 1.50 he pays the 50 cents out of pocket (not the real numbers just an example)

I am in New York and Medicaid is alot different here Medicaid only allows for certain brands like attends depends some other cheep brands. They are not worth it that why I pay out pocket diapers. Xp medical is ok but it takes a while week to get to me.thanks for info.