Botox , bulking or sling

Archives1

Staff member
I finally got results back and have to choose what to have done .I'm a little scared to get the Solyx sling because of the side affects but not sure whether to choose botox or Coaptite bulking injection .Could someone who has had either of these tell me the pros and cons ? Thank you

@estratford Could you give us some background? How long incontinent, Why incontinent (Prostatectomy, Injury, etc)?

@estratford I don't know your history but I can vouch for botox to help with overactive bladder. Really helpful. I would recommend surgery being the last option because it is an invasive procedure and could leave you with scar tissue problems.

It would help us to know what symptoms you have, your sex etc.

I cannot recommend Botox enough. The injections definitely hurt, but who cares about 15 minutes of discomfort in exchange for 3-6 months with no leaks? Botox is amazing!!!!!!

I'll second that Snow.

Great relief from urge incontinence. Noticed that the length of time to empty my bladder has increased. First 3/4 is normal but last 1/4 is slow and intermittent. Not painful but requires adjustment to allow extra time to completely empty.