Blood in urine

Archives1

Staff member
I had a radical prostatectomy in late February. Mostly my incontinence has gotten a little better. Recently I noticed my urine having a more orange tint and my pads having small specks of red. I learned today that it is not from a UTI. Anyone have any experience with such a thing, especially 5 months after surgery?

Can't say. Only five weeks. Though I've had similar specks recently so would also like to know. Best.

I have traces of blood in my urine, thinking it is from the kidney stones found in my right kidney. I am thinking after doing some research over the weekend on the internet that I got the stones from too much vitamin D. It was high for about 6-12 months. I stopped taking it all together and now take it every other day or so. Who would have though. I think the trace of blood if from the stones, just guessing on my part-but I think it is a good educated guess. Many times we have toe figure out what is going on and then present it to our doctor and let me think about it. Good Luck, usually blood internally is brown when it comes out of the body in urine-etc. If yours is red, then it could be from something on the surface of the skin-etc. Just guessing of course.

Any chance you're on blood thinners?

Definitely check with your doctor. He/She should be able to determine where the blood is coming from.

I once had blood in my urine, no surgery. It was fixed with a few tablets of Oxytetracycline; but it would be advisable to seek medical advice.

I really appreciate your responses. My oncologist does not seem too concerned but I have an appointment with the urologist on Monday. Thank you everyone for your concerned and informed responses!

I agree with all of your suggestions, I am working on it as well as my bump knee, rehabbing it also my shoulder from surgery. I am really really trying to drink a lot more water and since I am home most of the time especially with the virus, I can pee and possibly pass the stones. Time will tell. No one is saying to me lets do something about it at this time. The medical profession has really gone down the tubes in my opinion. IT has become a business, which is not so good for people who have complex issues. They only allow you so much time and must go on to the next patient, it is a bummer. I know my body is screwed up from the tumor and I know my mental health is screw up from an alcoholic- abusive 32 year old marriage. My Father was an alcoholic and pushed me into the marriage. I still have low self esteem at times. So this being said, I have today to live and do what I can to be happy. Time will tell, I must have made some good decisions for I am still alive and no stoke which runs in my family. The urology people are waiting, I have a friend whose husband is retired in urology so maybe I will ask him for recommendation to see someone else. so far just seeing the PA in urology. As I said it is a business and they want you to come back as much as possible to pay more money. I had a good advisor when I went on Medicare and pay $210 per month for my supplement. No copay's and no deductible. I am grandfathered in, they no longer offer the plan. Before Medicare all my money for for my premiums-$20,000 per year. it was awful for the same plan.

Off topic but have you tried Al anon out? I've been attending 12 step groups for 27 years. It's freeing. Best.

I went to Al-non for 3 years-great program besides therapy-bot helped a lot. I went to mental health therapy 3 times and each time I was helped and learned a lot. IT is important to be on the bright side of life. Live in the now and be happy, forgot the bad unhappy users in your life. Life is hard, we are expected to do everything day and one cannot do everything today. There are things men are better at and things that woman are better at. One does not know until we try it.

If you took/got those "samples" of your Prostate taken, so they could determine if you had cancer & how bad, it was more than a few drops - and they didn't bother to tell me. It was shocking - and I was out to sea, with no means of communications, when I discovered it.
Even if you didn't go through that:
Get back to doctor and demand answers!