Bladder Stones

Archives1

Staff member
While having Botox injected into my bladder at the urologist this morning, he located a fairly large bladder stone. It was too big to remove through the urethra, so will be going back to get it laser blasted and removed.

I had laser enucleation of my prostrate which relieved the retention issue, but my bladder had developed strong musculature and became overactive after the operation, its pressure not being balanced by a restricted urethra. Hoping the Botox will mellow my bladder out a bit.

Regarding the bladder stone, has anyone else experienced them?

Yes. 3 laser procedures for them, the third done with laser surgery on prostate. The first doctor was incompetent and allowed me to go so long I developed bladder diverticuli, something i didnt have before. He was wortless but in the local reviews he is voted up, no doubt by the peers in his grpup that he also votes for.
Anyway the prostate outflow was poor and led to stagnation and diverticuli that allowed urine to stagnate and stones to form.
Removal and reovery is a breeze

Followup on botox/bladder stone. Vast improvement in urge incontinence. Bladder stone procedure went well. Noticed changes in urination pattern. Slow finish to empty last 1/4 of bladder. Just need to budget more time.