Bladder Retention

Archives1

Staff member
In Jan. 2017 was diagnosed anemic.After monitoring of the anemia a PSA came back in April that had tripled in 4 months. Trip to the urologists resulted in a catheterization of 1700 cc's and prostrate cancer of 3+3 on the Gleason scale. Urologists said prostrate surgery is not necessary at this time.However,the months that the prostrate was cutting off my ability to empty my bladder fully has caused a loss of elasticity in the bladder and me being completely unable to naturally void. I am having to catheterize 6-7 times a day for the past year and have even tried the Medtronic Bladder Control trial with no success.Has anyone experienced the same thing and eventually been able to void on their own with any success?

Is there anyone that the Medtronic Interstim Implant actually worked for? Not me and I’m on my second implant. Only let them talk me into a replacement after 5 years because I had high hopes that with a different doctor they might be successful.

**prostate** no R
never went through with the interstim. Have stuck with Foley catheters and diapers to manage my interstitial cystitis and OAB. Nothing else has worked for me.