Big question for those on Medicaid???

Archives1

Staff member
Talk me through the process of how you get your incontinence products covered. My state, PA. has and does cover them but I know that some people have gotten it so that they can put the money that Medicaid would pay for their products toward better stuff that will work for them.

My Mom and Nanny(Grandmother) both know that I can get stuff covered I just do not want to waste my time if they are only going to give me crap that will do nothing for my needs.

you will need a prescription and possibly a letter of medical necessity from your Doctor just be prepared most states do have coverage for diapers under Medicaid but they will try to give you the crapiest diapers available

The best that state insurance provides is something on particular with prevail products. I'm in California and prevail was the "best" incontinence products that they covered. They also provided boosters but those types of products would require you to carry a bag with extra supplies because they aren't going to get you through a full work day with one brief and booster. If you're tight on money and can't afford a premium brief then by all means apply for medicaid but your going to have to find a doctor and then get a prescription for said supplies, then you have to find a vendor that accepts medicaid. It's a long process from start to finish for a mediocre product. On top of that most state medicaid programs only provide so many incontinence products per month.