Betterdry product change?

Archives1

Staff member
The last case i got. The diapers feel wetter than before. It's been waking me up at night. So i have to change then. Or the wettness annoys me. Has anyone else noticed? Im going to switch to XP 5000 for at night.PS i have some older Betterdry. They don't feel wet like the lastes ones do.

I'm thinking with the thinner plastic, they might be cutting corners due to oil prices now these days. That is just a hunch. Trying to keep the prices down on product maybe. I think for what its worth, they should not change things that aren't broken. You could just have a bad batch. I would give the manufacturer a call or email to see if they have changed anything they way the diaper is made. If not, they might replace the product for a new batch that was sent to you. Doesn't hurt to check.

I just weighed 2 dry ones. The older ones a are 1.2 oz heaveir. If that is 1.2 oz less SAP. That can be the differenc is performance.

What a shame if Betterdry downgraded. They’re one of my favorite and main go to’s for nighttime protection.
It has been quite awhile since I’ve purchased some, seeing as I’m still using product from my last case.
Look forward to their response.
JS

I got a responce. Now waiting for them to get back to me. After my responce.
Thank you for contacting us. There have been no changes to our products in a long time. Since the superabsorbent polymer is added using precise scales, large variations in the absorbency are highly unlikely. Further, quality management processes are in place to test the products performance regularly during production.
To follow this up further, we would need the lot number, a copy of the invoice, the number of affected products, and preferably photos of any tangible issues.

Sorry for the inconvenience and kind regards,
Team Thrust Vector

Ok i got an update.
Hello Al,

Thanks for these additional pieces of information. We looked into the matter and absorbency tested random samples from various lots. We could not find any absorbency variations in excess of +/-5%, i.e. within manufacturing tolerances. We will keep monitoring the situation. Right now, we are unable to offer you a solution.

Kind regards,
The BetterDry Team

Nice that the manufacturer is listening to its consumers. Good message regardless. I like your product as is, don’t change or cut costs.

Well after reading that email here are my thoughts -

There not admitting or denying that they have changed there products - there only admitting that absorbancy variances are not plus or minus the typical manufactured tolerances which means the tolerance could have changed when the product changed. There only admitting that there is no defects in there current line of product.

Now you could make that argument to them and state what I just said - but I doubt it will get you anywhere.

I would just settle for a new product.

Sincerely,
Honeeecombs