Best Way to tape up brief diaper!

Archives1

Staff member
I need tips on the best way or ways to tape on a brief diaper myself. I almost always lay down, because against the wall is just to cumbersome. However; when I lay down I never seem to get it tight enough from the out set so once I get it taped and stand up, I have to hope first it doesn't fall down and then next ripping the tapes off trying to re-adjust the tapes to get a tighter fit.I would love to have someone tape them up for me but I don't have that luxury. Anyone have any suggestions.

I think it varies from person to person. I prefer to do mine standing against a wall. I have not found lying or sitting very easy. I sometimes end up with the front too low and the back too high, maybe this is because I'm standing? Phil

I always change and put on lying down its so much easier and depending on what product your using will depend on how tight you can make it.

I've used tena slip maxi for years until a few years ago they changed the product from plastic to fabric and I hated them as they were never secure as the plastic ones and would leak. I'm just so happy tena have brought back the plastic backed diapers / nappies.

I used the Attends w/ Waistband plastic brief off and on for over a year or so, mainly at night or anytime I slept but trying to put them on laying down or standing up became to cumbersome. If I found a better way to get them on then maybe I would go back to wearing plastic brief diapers. I wear Abena Pull Up diapers full time now.

I like the pull ups o.k. but just like the feel of the plastic backed diapers better. The most comfortable and closest comparison to a plastic backed brief is the Abena pull ups. The material is not cheap and they hold fairly well compared to other pull ups.

Just curious...but how many have someone help them tape up their diaper? My wife would if I absolutely positively needed her too. Though she would not be thrilled about it much less changing a wet or messy one.

I have never asked anyone to help. A nurse at my local hospital did volunteer to help when I was struggling due to a wrist injury.

@mhart82 my wife has done it a few times for me. I only wear at night though, so she's never changing a used diaper, she's just helped put on a dry one.

My wife has only once helped me tape up my diaper just because she said it looked like I was having trouble. She has never helped me put on my diapers again since.Not that I necessarily need her too at this point in life. She says she'll be able to handle the wet but not poopy diapers when I need her help regularly in the future.

I tape my diaper standing up not leaning on anything. I first fold the fresh diaper lengthwise. Then while standing with the diaper lightly held between my legs so that it doesn’t fall on the floor, I tape the top tapes first, then the bottom tapes. The procedure is similar to what I was doing years ago with cloth diapers except now I fastening tapes instead of pins.

I have found that laying on my bed over the diaper and then going from the bottom to the top I get a better fit that way

I put mine on just like inconinmiss. I put my day time diapers on while standing up and night time on while laying down. I’ve found they fit best when applied in the position you’ll be wearing it in for the most part. I’ve also always applied the top tapes first so I do t get the bottoms too tight and this helps keep the chaffing/rubbing to a minimum.

I lean against a wall or surface to hold the back, while taping the lower tabs first point upwards towards the groin, then apply the top tapes downward at my hip section tightly. This allows a snug fit with room to move, as I live a very active lifestyle.

I can never get as snug a fit when laying down as standing up. I actually had to change my taping strategy recently, as I've lost a lot of weight on the last few months (~60lbs) and was getting gaps around the legs causing serious leaks.