bed wetting - autism teenager

First and foremost get medical attention. That needs to be looked into by a doctor. Second. Take basic precautions. A waterproof sheet under the bedding to protect the mattress and, as emotionally stressful as it may be, an absorbent product would probably be a practice precaution till its sorted out. There are some products out there that try to resemble underwear do its less jarring but thats really about it.

I did when I was much younger. I slept right thru it. Woke everyone up in the house. This was back in the 50s and 60s. The newer ones are different. Some doctors say that they are ok, others say don't waste your money. It's up to you on what you want. I use diapers and plastic pants now as a senior adult.

Hi! I got my son a bedwetting alarm when he turned 6 and was still wetting the bed and it worked very well for him, in 2 weeks he was accident free, and he was wet almost every night before that. However, he didn't have any other underlying medical condition, so don't know if that is a factor that could affect your success with it. But here is the website if you want to look into it! I wish you all the best!
Bedwettingtherapy.com

The only thing that really worked for me as a kid was my parents waking me up in the middle of night and taking me to the toilet - after a while I started getting up myself as it became learned behaviour. It didn't fully cut out accidents and if I was super tired or drank too much before bed I'd still have issues but it stopped me wetting nightly. I'd also be super cautious about drinking fluids too late on school trips and didn't have issues (probably not too healthy to constantly be dehydrated though).

Frist see a doctor then take steps to keep you dry mattress protector diapers.I also have autism +dd and have been incontinent along time.

I've tried bed wetting alarm s in the past they did not work for me was great at waking everyone else up other than me

When I was growing up, my pediatrician didn't recommend bedwetting alarms for the same reason you said. Plus they were borderline barbaric, as they ran on electricity, not batteries, and often shorted out.
Never achieved any dryness until I was around 18, which was short lived. I am now 70+, and still in diapers and plastic pants nightly.