Because Market

Archives1

Staff member
Does anyone use this? It seems like a delivery service for pads. The only type they offer are underwear and guards.

I don't understand "incontinence underwear". Isn't that for people that would only need to use one pair per day? In order to use this product I would have to take my clothes completely off in the restroom at work for changes. Doesn't sound very convenient. I'm just not sure how this would work.

I have multiple accidents in a day and have to use four to five briefs. I don't think that this is for me.

Never heard of. Granted I am up in Canada 🇨🇦 lol. And I agree with you briefs are so much easier to change if you need to change throughout the day. But I guess some people if they don’t have to change pull on may work for them. Honestly I do a combination of pull on and briefs. But as I have started to have more and more accidents briefs are much easier to change. ;)

@Coolwinter123 @Jwh51 I agree with you both, changing pull ups is a real pain if you leak several times a day. I will sometimes use a pull up and then change into a taped brief when I need to change. Phil

I use pullups with a super absorbant pad and change only the pad as needed. It is true pullups may leak if not looked after regularly but that is a trade-off I am ok with making because I've learned to change pads when needed and I absolutely hate being wrapped up any more than a well fitting, not tight pull-up.

Pull ups would be great if I could somehow make it to the bathroom, they don’t hold enough and like mentioned it is easier to change a diaper than a pull up.

I don't understand who can where pull-up style underwear. The only way would be if you had very mild accidents during the day and needed to change maybe once.

I wear pullups and need to change about 3 o 4 times a day and manage ok with changing the booster pads I place inside.

I have used Because (was Hexa) and I turned my folks on to them. They make allot of store brand pullon disposable underwear for adults. They also make a higher grade and higher absorbency than store brands at a cheaper price.
They are a subscription service so when you sign up for a free sample you have to wait a day and then cancel the next and future orders until you are sure you like what they have.
If what they send isn’t absorbent enough call them and talk to a rep. Very nice folks. I like the underwear they sell they do fit well and hold a good amount without leaking or pressout.
Way better than depends of course in my opinion.
Use an insert pad inside the underwear to keep from having to undress in a bathroom stall. Works great just swap out the wet insert pad. Just a thought but gets me through the workday

Tye Medical makes pullups that hold something like 40 oz, 70 oz, & 90 oz. 3 grades of protection. I use the 40 oz with Total Dry booster pad Dou. Like I said, you need to learn to change pads in a timely manner and you may have minimal leaks. That is ok for me.

Coolwinter123 said:
I don't understand who can where pull-up style underwear. The only way would be if you had very mild accidents during the day and needed to change maybe once.
Pull-Ups do work better if you don't have yo change as often. I have random minor "squirts", enough to cause wet spots, but pull-ups handle it. Pads never worked for me, at least not without a pull-up too, because as a guy you never know which direction it will go.

I'm wondering about bladder size and ability. I pee as often as once an hour and as infrequently as 4 hours. I've seen people say they pee too much to make it to the bathroom on time. That would not happen to me unless my pull-up was full or nearly and I didn't change. Seems like a big physiological difference.

None of these things really work very well. When I have an accident I have to change. If I don't change I could get into trouble.

Tye Medical has some great choices. I love their overnight brief and insert.
I know what you mean about the whole guy thing. Wish they could make a pouch in the front of some of the items or at the very least keep the absorbent material farther across the whole front panel. That would help guys allot. I’ve been pleased with northshore, Garywear, tye Medical and Because. There are others that have worked well but they are my recent choices.

I sometimes start with a pull up, and switch to a brief when I have to change. I can tear the wet product off without having to undress. This is only in the hottest weather, and to be honest I may not be able to do this for much longer because pull ups are not absorbent enough for me.

Coolwinter123 said:
Does anyone use this? It seems like a delivery service for pads. The only type they offer are underwear and guards.

I don't understand "incontinence underwear". Isn't that for people that would only need to use one pair per day? In order to use this product I would have to take my clothes completely off in the restroom at work for changes. Doesn't sound very convenient. I'm just not sure how this would work.

I have multiple accidents in a day and have to use four to five briefs. I don't think that this is for me.

What if those underwear had a pad you could just easily change out from the top of your underwear without taking off your pants? Would that make wearing a pair of underwear designed for that more appealing? I just filed a patent application literally 5 minutes ago for that. I really hope that will help.

yes having to take pants and shoes off to change is highly inconvenient and I have yet to fing a pullup to offer enough protection

I have a small bladder capacity and only moderate incontinence. The pullups work well for me except for the getting undressed if I have to change at work ( public university stalls). The booster inside trick solves that for me. Sometimes I use just a pad at home but I have periodic leakage with that, so I am not comfortable outside of the house like that.

Tereson said:
Coolwinter123 said:

What if those underwear had a pad you could just easily change out from the top of your underwear without taking off your pants? Would that make wearing a pair of underwear designed for that more appealing? I just filed a patent application literally 5 minutes ago for that. I really hope that will help.

Why would I go to all of that trouble, which still doesn't work very well and is more expensive? It doesn't work for a full accident like I have anyway. This is all just marketing.