Bariatric surgery

Archives1

Staff member
Hello to all. Happy Holidays and a safe New Years. Well, I am in the starting process of getting Bariatric surgery done in the Spring. I have already had my gallbladder taken out about less than a year ago. How many of you have had the same thing done? I have done some research online to find out there maybe some complications after surgery with dumping syndrome. I had the same issue when I had my gallbladder out. Depending on what I eat will determine if I wear thicker diapers that day. I am wondering if the battle with dumping syndrome will be worse after this surgery being that I have no gallbladder. Just have to be prepared and pack more diapers when I'm out and about. I'm hoping I can say goodbye to my sleep apnea machine and water pills once I loose the weight. I know my breathing will be a lot better. Right now just looking for ideas and tips and support.

I had my gallbladder taken out about six years ago. I had the bariatric sleeve in August, I have had no issues or complications with the surgery. Still using my CPAP machine though. I wear either Northshore supreme or megamax, and sometimes readers have not had an issue using those. Good luck with surgery.

@JWT I wish you all the best with your surgery and I think it will provide you with a much, much healthier life afterward - eventually ;)