Atrial Fibrillation (afib) possible UI link

soggybottom5471

Apparently, the release of atrial naturetic peptide by the heart during afib contributes to urinary frequency (and possibly incontinence) - this is news to me! :oops: PS anyone else challenged by navigating new "surprise" format??

See also:
Ruan CH. Instantly Converting Atrial Fibrillation into Sinus Rhythm by a Digital Rectal Exam on a 29-year-Old Male. Clin Med Insights Case Rep. 2010;3:51-4. Epub 2010 Aug 13. PMID: 21769254; PMCID: PMC3046006.

Yep, I definitely don’t like the new format. It was an unnecessarily confusing change. I don’t understand why they did it.

Thank you for joining! We posted about the upcoming switch about a month ago in our old forum, but maybe not everyone say the thread. We heard loud and clear from many people that they did not like the old format, as there were many topics discussed that maybe didn't apply to everyone. This one allows separate rooms - some just for women, some for men, some to discuss prostate issues, and others just for incontinence, etc. We are hopeful that it will help those looking for specific information to be able to more easily find it, and those who are not interested in all of these topics can choose not to visit the rooms that don't apply to them. Thanks for bearing with us as we made the change - we know change is hard but are hopeful that in the long run once everyone gets used to the new format, this will be better for all users.

The biggest problem is that somehow next to nobody from the old forum has joined the new forum. That tells me that they didn’t know about the change. I recommend sending out a direct email to all former members that tells them the steps they need to take to join the new forum. The email should include all the information they need to know in detailed steps. When you made the post before, I don’t think everybody saw it and I doubt everybody received the email. That’s very clear because hardly anyone is on the new forum. I bet most previous users have no idea what’s going on. The way it looks is like the website is down.

The biggest problem is that somehow next to nobody from the old forum has joined the new forum. That tells me that they didn’t know about the change. I recommend sending out a direct email to all former members that tells them the steps they need to take to join the new forum. The email should include all the information they need to know in detailed steps. When you made the post before, I don’t think everybody saw it and I doubt everybody received the email. That’s very clear because hardly anyone is on the new forum. I bet most previous users have no idea what’s going on. The way it looks is like the website is down.
I had big issues logging in - and I had to try another browser to log in. And you are correct @snow - only a few have joined, and the activity on the new forum is low compared to the old forum.

Yep, I definitely don’t like the new format. It was an unnecessarily confusing change. I don’t understand why they did it.
Some people were pushing for subforums under the old software, saying that to many people were "just sitting around talking about their prostates," and that too many discussions weren't relevant enough to them. I don't think the previous software could support a bunch of subforums, so they did an untidy workaround with groups for men only and women only. You had to know to specifically ask to get into those, and I don't think they ever got that many members.

The good parts of the new forum software are that they allow easier reporting of inappropriate content, they let people see the various subforums that are available, and they hadn't a rich set of features. This has long been a low-traffic forum, and I think that a lot of that was the limited nature of the previous software. The lack of functionality to quickly identify new posts since my last visit has long been a problem for me, for instance.

The bad part is that it fragments the forum, and if we don't get some new posters here, it's going to be difficult to get enough traffic to keep discussions going. I hope we can form enough of a kernel with the longtime forum members here to make it useful and relevant to new people, who will then stay around and help build up the size and traffic of the new forum. That's going to take time.

Personally, I think NAFC has done a wonderful job of setting up a good initial set of forums, and the way it is set up to use the same subdomain as the old forum makes it easy to find. They've also done an excellent job of importing old discussions into archive content in the new forums, which keeps a lot of our history and tribal knowledge intact. I applaud the NAFC admins for all the work they've put in.

It’s sad that when reading the old forum posts, they didn’t include the names of the authors of the posts. Everybody’s name just shows up as something like “Archive 1.”

I used to be able to get emailed every time in new topic was posted on the old forum, but that’s not working on the new forum. I have to login to see if if there are any new messages I haven’t seen yet. I don’t like doing that. I’d rather get them in my email like I used to. What’s weird is that I’m getting a few things in my email, but not every post.