Artificial Sphincter

Archives1

Staff member
Just to report. I had an artificial sphincter implanted on Nov 17 and activated on Jan 3. So far it is working as they said. I drip a little. I use to use 3 heavy pads a day when I am active and now just few drips. I should have done it couple of years ago. In summary I am very pleased with the results.

That is great! I had mine implanted the first part of August and activated end of September. It has worked fine. I now have a case of bronchitis with a really bad cough which is causing leakage. I have to go every 2-3 hours to empty bladder to avoid leaks.

Hello nwyenko,

I read your posts after your AUS operation. Do you still have to get up 2 or 3 times a night to empty your bladder? My husband had a mesh inserted, which hasn't worked, but he is very nervous about having an AUS.

The AUS is awesome. I get up 2-3 times a night. Just for info I am 70 years old and about 30 pounds overweight which probably has some impact.

Email me if you need more info. I believe it is a must to find a urologist that does a number of thes implants yearly.

libbymac
I had my done at the Cleveland Clinic. The surgery is outpatient with an overnight stay. The pain is manageable. some nights I may get up once to empty. I have the confidence to do thing I like to do and eat and drink what I want. Before I stayed away from coffee, chocolate, wine but now I could enjoy food and drink.