Any recommendations on the best plastic or rubber pants to buy?

Archives1

Staff member
Hey everyone,

Any recommendations on plastic/rubber pants? This is to provide for leak protection when the diaper/nappie exceeds its absorbency limits, for sitting/sleeping. I am not talking about a all-in-one PVC leak barrier and absorbent layer, just a rubber/PVC covering that assumes a separate diaper/nappie underneath.

Thanks for any and all suggestions,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the NAFC! I don't know what brand it is; but for cheap cloth fitted briefs; I've used a pair of vinyl pants that I purchased in a two pack at my local medical supply store. They're not plastic or rubber by any means; but have a frosted coating and are noise resistant to keep privacy and provide peace of mind. Possibly a Medline product; not sure.

They are durable and have lasted quite a while. Machine washable as well.

Nice to have you on the forum. I'm sorry you are having to deal with bladder/bowel issues - they are no fun.

Blessings in Christ,
Honeeecombs

I use ones from Gary's. An excellent choice. These can be purchased from different suppliers. You need to check prices because the prices vary between suppliers. Gary doesn't sell to the public, you have to go thru one of their approved suppliers.

I second artiejr re the Gary plastic pants. I use the Garywear active briefs during the day. They are more form-fitting that other plastic pants and come in a variety of colours. They don’t look like normal underwear if you get some waistband peekage, but they are a lot more discrete than regular plastic pants. I find them very helpful with holding a nappy closer to my body without compressing it to the extent it absorbs less effectively. They are also great for odour control. I do not experience faecal incontinence, but I lost control of my bowels ages ago in public while wearing them whilst unknowingly sick with gastro and had a 30 minute window of terror before I could change. I am very sensitive to elimination smells and couldn’t smell a thing until I took them off.

If you are needing for wear over disposable diapers to contain leakage I would suggest going to babykins website. They have a Terry lined plastic pants that will contain any leakage from the diaper. If you are looking just to go over cloth diapers, or to lower the sound of the plastic backed diapers then they also carry regular polyurethane pants that will do that perfectly.

If I Can suggest using Suprima waterproof pants. I have found these to be very good in the use with an All in one diaper.
I have used Suprima pants at night with a Tena Slip diaper for nearly two years. Much better, Imo than regular pvc waterproof pants.

As I said previously, there are numerous sites that sell the same product with different prices.
I get mine from fetware