Any discreet and also super absorbent options?

Archives1

Staff member
I’ve had good luck up to now with tranquility atn. But my frequency and volume of bladder spasms seem to be too much now. I’m wearing North shore Air Supreme at the moment and it’s ok but I would ideally like something thinner that could be more hidable under clothes and also let me walk more naturally as I feel like I’m more waddling because of the thickness.

I want the best of both worlds but I doubt it exists.

Newbie2this said:
I’ve had good luck up to now with tranquility atn. But my frequency and volume of bladder spasms seem to be too much now. I’m wearing North shore Air Supreme at the moment and it’s ok but I would ideally like something thinner that could be more hidable under clothes and also let me walk more naturally as I feel like I’m more waddling because of the thickness.

Please check out the MegaMax Series including the new breathable series AirLock and AirLock Lite. All three are less bulky than AirSupreme and dry much quicker. https://www.northshorecare.com/adult-diapers/adult-diapers-with-tabs/megamax-product-line

NorthShoreAdam said:
Newbie2this said:

Please check out the MegaMax Series including the new breathable series AirLock and AirLock Lite. All three are less bulky than AirSupreme and dry much quicker. https://www.northshorecare.com/adult-diapers/adult-diapers-with-tabs/megamax-product-line

I don't use cloth-like covered diapers and any diaper claiming to be breathable will breathe odors right out

DPCARE said:
I don't use cloth-like covered diapers and any diaper claiming to be breathable will breathe odors right out

Ok, but this thread was created by Newbie2this who is currently using AirSupreme which is cloth-like/breathable.

Note: NorthShore is working on a plastic-backed MegaMax Lite which should hopefully launch +/- January 2024.

I have never found cloth like products to emit odors. Don't forget that if you are sufficiently (i.e. properly) hydrated your urine will have less odor to begin with- and the ammonia smell that we all dread only comes about after time and exposure to air. The question becomes, How long should we wear a wet brief? I use different levels of protection based on season, temperature, activity and how bad my incontinence is on a given day. When I am wearing a store-brand brief with cloth outer layer, I can get through several hours away from the house and not detect any odors when I change, even after 2 episodes and several hours (anywhere from 3 to 7).

jeffswet said:
I have never found cloth like products to emit odors. Don't forget that if you are sufficiently (i.e. properly) hydrated your urine will have less odor to begin with- and the ammonia smell that we all dread only comes about after time and exposure to air. The question becomes, How long should we wear a wet brief? I use different levels of protection based on season, temperature, activity and how bad my incontinence is on a given day. When I am wearing a store-brand brief with cloth outer layer, I can get through several hours away from the house and not detect any odors when I change, even after 2 episodes and several hours (anywhere from 3 to 7).

I'd like to clarify from NorthShore's perspective that a wet brief should be changed as soon as possible just like a brief should be changed asap for any bowel movement.

However, many premium absorbent products, like NorthShore brand, will absorb and dry very quickly and thus the brief will be dry to the skin, even as the product has absorbed multiple wettings. So while the brief may be heavy from the absorbed urine, it will be very dry to the skin and often very dry inside due to all the super-absorbent polymers. However, anytime the brief cannot fully dry to the skin due to saturation, then the product should be changed right away. Our products may show that they can last Up to 12 hours...but saturation or bowel are two reasons to change the product regardless of how long the product has been worn.

NorthShoreAdam said:
jeffswet said:

I'd like to clarify from NorthShore's perspective that a wet brief should be changed as soon as possible just like a brief should be changed asap for any bowel movement.

However, many premium absorbent products, like NorthShore brand, will absorb and dry very quickly and thus the brief will be dry to the skin, even as the product has absorbed multiple wettings. So while the brief may be heavy from the absorbed urine, it will be very dry to the skin and often very dry inside due to all the super-absorbent polymers. However, anytime the brief cannot fully dry to the skin due to saturation, then the product should be changed right away. Our products may show that they can last Up to 12 hours...but saturation or bowel are two reasons to change the product regardless of how long the product has been worn.

ALL very good points

i have been using the new Northshore Mega Max Airlock lite. they have been wonderful!! ask them for some samples. they are really nice and easy to get along with!

NorthShoreAdam said:
jeffswet said:

I agree with all you've said- by 'wet brief' I was speaking of a garment that had been wet, but which didn't feel it. If you are able to change after an episode, then yes- you should. This past February, we had a minor house fire and I was caught out of the house wearing something not nearly absorbent enough. It turned out I didn't need anything more, but it's always been my fear that I would be caught in a situation like this in a wet brief, so yeah, when I need to change, I do so.

I ordered samples of the airlock from Northshore with a recent order of underpads. Customer service said just to put the sample order in the order comments. I did this and only the pads showed up. Oh well.