Another re introduction.

Hi everyone, I figured I’d re introduce myself. I am Andy, I’m 39 and from Utah. I was on the old forum, but I wasn’t very active. I’ve been dealing with OAB and urgency for most of my life. Growing up I was always that kid that was always having wetting accidents, and I was bullied a lot at home and at school because of it, and I was often told that I just needed to try harder. All of this led to me learning to hide my accidents, that way I couldn’t be bullied or ridiculed because of them. As a young adult I discovered absorbent underwear and it became easier to deal with my accidents. Over the last 12 years or so I’ve started experiencing bowel incontinence, which led me to start managing my incontinence with tape on diapers. And then after being involved in a major car accident a few years ago that left me with spinal damage, I started experiencing bladder leaks that I couldn’t even feel, I didn’t even notice them at first because I was already wearing protection. I’ve mentioned a lot of this to doctors over the years, but I’ve always downplayed it, probably out of fear of being judged or mistreated. However within the last couple of days I’ve finally worked up the courage to reach out to a GI and a urologist to explore treatment options (right now I’m looking at possibly doing Axonics therapy or Interstim, I’m hopeful that one or the other will help.)