Anniversary

Archives1

Staff member
Sunday is the 6 year anniversary of my accident. It was the day I became incontinent and the day that would be the cause of my amputation.

Lots of feelings.

I hope you live long and prosper but for heaven sake stop celebrating things.(cats birthday, love her though) That was a tragic accident. Reminds me of myself slipping on foster dog pee and ss I went down in slow agonizing motion im thinking, they will say she died doing what she loved (fostering incontinent elderly Chihuahua).
Not to make light of it so much as to acknowledge we are both injured for life and incontinence seems to follow accidents no one would expect to do so. But here we are.

Hi EJ,
Hoping this will be a better year. You’ve been through so much in life. Feel for you. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hard to know what to say to help, EJ. It's sad, and your endurance is inspiring. I've started PT, again, and it is so discouraging - and yet it doesn't hold a candle to your experience. Keep on Truckin'.

I'm so sorry for you, here I am complaining about myself, I feel ashamed of myself, may God guide you and be with you always, take care

Teddy,
It’s okay to complain, vent or just talk about what’s going on. For most of us this is the only place we can safely talk about what is going on and not feel ashamed or embarrassed. May all of us have a better year this year when dealing with our troubles.

There is nothing we can say that will make it better for you. Just know we are here to root for you and hope you find better ways to cope. May 2021 be a better year for you!

Hi @justej, I'm sorry you're having this anniversary. But I know you just keep on keeping on!!!! That's the best any of us can do and you are among the best! Here are my best wishes for you and especially the wish that 2021 will be a nice year. And I wish that for all of you who are reading this!!!
Here's to a good 2021 for everyone!!! 🍺

@juatej, I'm glad you're still here to observe this anniversary, difficult though it may be. Your presence here has enriched my life, and I appreciate you for that.