And I thought Incontinence supplies were expensive.

Archives1

Staff member
To date, I have gotten two shipments of Ostomy supplies. That total is over $1000. I average $575 per month in needed stuff.

Thank God I got insurence.

Wow; that is crazy. I am fortunate that I found a good deal on Incontinence supplies a while back and haven't needed to restock; as I purchased a surplus of Attends briefs.

I am very fortunate in that regard as it has helped me through very tight times monitary wise.

Typically though depending on what I purchase; I average $40 a month with Tranquility Products or with more premium products I purchased prior when I was going through issues with wearing protection (I know that sounds kind of an oxymoron) - I spent more. There were reasons for it though. It's kind of like guys with PTSD who are war veterans. Sometimes you feel more comfortable wearing camo even though it reminds you of things you want to forget.

That's alot of money for health related supplies - I'm glad Insurance is helping cover it @ThatFLGuy.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

@Honeeecombs

The worst part is that you end up with so much stuff because you have to get given more than what you need once you get things figured out, But in the event of say, a long hospital stay then you will go through more.

I am going to need another surgery before next year so having stuff and not needing it vs. needing stuff and not having it is a big deal moving forward.

Right now I have a lot of stuff and I get more on the 14th of July.

My medical expenses are $1,500/month on average and I’m so bloody sick if it!!!! I could buy a house if it weren’t for those costs. So I feel you!

I have had some good luck on Facebook marketplace ie pull ups, gaurds and pads. Some times like a quarter retail price.

@snow

I am still spending over $200 out of pocket for diapers each month. Just talked to my medical case manager yesterday about everything and we are pushing forward with more appointments ((Gastroenterology,(New Urologist, the Last one did nothing) and there is a reference for my Gastro to decide if I should see a neurologist))

Mind you, when my car was still not working I was putting $60 a week into my dad's big truck just to go to appointments 45 minutes away.

That hit my budget very hard.

Gas prices are up, my electricity is $40 more with my AC on than last year, and my normal living cost is changing all the time.

@snow

I cannot even think of how I am going to manage my bills once I get Social security disability.

I would not wish what I have been through on my worst enemy.