Ambeze diapers

Archives1

Staff member
Ambeze diapers have been mentioned on here several times I had to wear these at one time these were terrible diapers I ran across some photos for those that are not familiar with them

these came in 2 sizes regular adult size and a junior size

what other terrible diapers have others had to use?

f6b0caaf75160e5c85ed742b649fffe9.jpg
a426a29dd2b71c1f2a4497beba1682de.jpg
b15915c806f7527ff52349fe73078dfb.jpg
a2d6da479807212156e11c2f86d663a0.jpg
834c51f9b8cea889713e656966ae906f.jpg
1665b841e83daf74d44df79653f95322.jpg

I also tried them years ago when I was still using cloth diapers with plastic pants. I tried them and stuck with the cloth diapers until better disposables came along.

Those look hideous. The worst diapers I have tried were the kendall wings that the VA started me off with

surecare had a pretty terrible brief also a winfold, one tab on each side. They had to have been similar to the ambeze.

I believe any of the wing fold style adult diapers were terribly made they were like the old wing fold Pampers but there made much thinner

JC1471 said:
surecare had a pretty terrible brief also a winfold, one tab on each side. They had to have been similar to the ambeze.

they were just as hideous as they look I have tried the Kendall Wings and as bad as they are there are still about 10 times better than the Ambeze

Draconic said:
Those look hideous. The worst diapers I have tried were the kendall wings that the VA started me off with

They were the worst! I dreaded wearing them, because I knew they would leak. It made my condition even more depressing and, back then, there really was no choice but to go back to cloth w/ plastic pants.

The other product failure for heavy bedwetters back in the late 60's and early 70's was a lined, snap-on plastic pant with a snap-in liner called Pro-Pants made by a Boston company called Salk. The liner was so thin, that by the middle of the night, the sheets would already be wet. My parents made a point of telling me how expensive they were - like the guilt would help make them more absorbent!

Salk also makes a plastic pant called Sani-Pant when the Ambeze leaked so bad my mom bought Sani-pants in a pull-on style to put over the Ambeze I believe they still make the Sani-Pant in both snap-on amd pull-on style another one she bought was called Sani-Pac

davidg6209 said:
The other product failure for heavy bedwetters back in the late 60's and early 70's was a lined, snap-on plastic pant with a snap-in liner called Pro-Pants made by a Boston company called Salk. The liner was so thin, that by the middle of the night, the sheets would already be wet. My parents made a point of telling me how expensive they were - like the guilt would help make them more absorbent!
5ee41eeac51f10b17844d129594dd30f.jpg
ead0103cb11052bf4b74cbae9679fd63.jpg
593f19dad1d183b28394ab72710959e0.jpg

DPCARE said:
Salk also makes a plastic pant called Sani-Pant when the Ambeze leaked so bad my mom bought Sani-pants in a pull-on style to put over the Ambeze I believe they still make the Sani-Pant in both snap-on amd pull-on style another one she bought was called Sani-Pac

davidg6209 said:
5ee41eeac51f10b17844d129594dd30f.jpg
ead0103cb11052bf4b74cbae9679fd63.jpg
593f19dad1d183b28394ab72710959e0.jpg

oh I remember seeing the box with the family on it at the drug stores. When I was like 7 or 8 my mom said I could have the vinyl sheet off my bed if I wore those, The thought of wearing what she called rubber pants at the time horrified me more than having the sheet on my bed so I stuck with the sheet..I have a feeling if she did buy them with the way they apparently leaked I would have been stuck with the pants AND the sheets going back on the bed.

Wow. Where did you ever find those images?! If I remember those Sani-pacs, they were not lined like the Pro-Pants were, but were basically snap-on plastic pants that had the snaps for the cloth liner. Yuk. I think I started with those, but the sweating (and subsequent heat rash) was so bad we tried the Pro-pants. The image on the box was the only indication to my fragile ego that maybe healthy adults had a need for them, too, and that I wasn't the only person in the world still dealing with nightly accidents.

I remember both of those, what terrible memories... The Ambeez required 2 with a slice down the middle of #1, then Kleinert plastic pants over them just to make it to lunch! The Salk products were a little better. I remember my Urology nurse had a friend make me additional snap in liners to double up. There was still ZERO doubt that anyone that looked at my then 25 year old body in jeans or slacks immediately knew there was something other than boxers going on!
As traumatic as it might be to get this diagnosis today, at least there are a variety of discreet products available that do 10X the job of those old things...

I am grateful every time I put on a product that I can trust and am happy knowing that kids and young adults today are not being put through the torment of inadequate protection.