After 6 months

Archives1

Staff member
I had prostate removal January 28 this year still have incontinence slowly getting better and I mean slowly. Can anyone one tell me is this right?

I am 16 months post op. No leakage, but urinate frequently. Still dealing with ED but that seems to be improving slowly but surely. Keep the faith and keep doing Kegels.

Parone,

It is not abnormal to ask. Lots of factors come into play in how quickly you recover. Your age, other pre-existing medical conditions and what recovery actions you have taken since surgery just to name a few.

If you are following the discussions on this bulletin board those of us who had a RP are dealing with our own recovery. Some are recovering faster than others.

I don’t think anyone can say what is normal but we can tell you what the progression in recovery looks like.

Rest assured we are all on the road to recovery, this is not a sprint, but more like a long distance race.

Best wishes on your continued recovery.

Greensleeves

Sounds like the rest of us. It is a slow process. Almost 11 months out, still leaking, except at nighttime in bed. Hang in there!

Sounds Great. I’m five months in and I’m changing diapers three times a day but it’s getting better. I recently had Covid and every time I coughed, I squirted 😊. Cough, squirt, cough, squirt. I treated it as a competition to see if I could cough without squirting. I managed it by getting into the position of a contortionist. Lol
ED also slowly improving, albeit very very slowly, but I’m still fascinated by the fact that orgasms are possible without ejaculation. Keep the faith and you’ll be there soon enough.