Advise

Archives1

Staff member
This isn't something I really want to discuss, but here it seems everyone is so helpful. I have had a lot of testicle issues all my life. And it looks like I will eventually need a Orchiectomy. If you don't know what it is, that is ok, if you do, then you have had to deal with this. I have talk to my PCP, and urology team, and quite frankly my PCP and a urology PA talked about it in depth, which surprised me If anyone that has been down this path, you can message me also.

I had an undescended testicle which was surgically brought down when I was 14 years old. Severe surgical complications arose, and I ended up being in hospital for about 3 months following the surgery. The testicle that had been operated on never developed properly, and a chronic infection in it didn’t respond to any of the many different antibiotics that I tried. So eventually, I had the testicle removed. The surgery was very minor, and I wish that I had had it done sooner.

After one of my urological surgeries I got a really bad infection in one of my testicles and it turned into sepsis. The pain was so bad I was on morphine for a couple of weeks. I did eventually recover and still have the testicle, but I would have happily had it removed if the pain would have gone, but the hospital told me that the infection was too advanced for removal. Anyway, you have my sympathy, I know how horrible the pain is.

I'm very tired of these, and how it carries on. My PCP told me nothing wrong with a bilateral, my urologist told me once, I will do what you ask. So, still wondering what path I should follow.