Advice for anyone new to these problems

Archives1

Staff member
Today I'd like to point out to anyone new to and adjusting to the change in their life, a really good rule.
Never try anything new when it really matters. If you normally use "brand X" and it's been working well, but you find a great deal on "brand Z" and they look pretty good but you've never had them before, don't use them for the first time in public. Wear it the first few times at home. Not all diapers fit everyone the same and we all may fasten them a little different. This leaves the potential for leaks, tape failures, sizing not being quite perfect, some have noisier plastic than others, some just feel more comfortable....etc.
This rule isn't just about a different diaper, but about any product that’s new to you. On a race car for example, you never try it in competition until you've given it a few tries in practice.
So try it at home a few times before putting your trust in it.
Just a thought I had today and wanted to pass it on for anyone new and needing some help.
Hope everyone's day is going well.

Most companies out there will send samples to try at little or no cost. These are generally disposable type diapers, not reusable. Call them and give them information on your situation. They're willing to help you.

Like Artie said,
Companies like HDIS put together an excellent assortment of a sample box. It’s not free but only about enough to pay for the shipping. They do an amazing job and it gives folks a chance to see what will actually work for their needs👍. Without wasting a bunch of money.
It’s been a while since I ordered from them since I use Northshore now. But I love the folks at both companies and the items they carry.

Good advice. I always subscribe to the philosophy that one diaper is no diapers. Two is one, etc.. I have found this personally with my own struggles and when raising children. Better to be prepared.