Adult onesie and tall teashirts

Archives1

Staff member
Over the past few years, I find my diaper is exposed in the back when out in public. I figured something wrong when people are talking or pointing to my back. The last few years, I’m making an effort in buying tall teashirts and adult onesie. This gives me more confidence when out in public. What do you do to help cover up protential exposure to the public and friends? I had my share and embarrassing moments.

@Percara I no longer have to wear diapers during the day, only at bedtime for security. But when I did have to wear diapers in public, I could not have cared less who noticed. Not one of those who would make fun of someone's physical ailment is taking care of my medical expenses, or my laundry and dry cleaning bills. It never came up, but I suspect I would either ignore them or laugh at them.

Kevin nailed it, Rearz.ca or 4care-usa.com are great. You can find them on Amazon too. Those are my go to's for work.

have for the last 20 years used onesie over the diapers, I feel more confident that others can not see the diaper, have a local seamstress who makes them for me :)

Percara I would second what Kevin82 said above.

However secondly I would second also what JoelCairo stated above however I believe what JoelCairo said is the sentiment of people who have truly accepted their need of wearing protection / diapers / nappies etc. whatever one wants to call them lol.

And I think as one starts to wear protection they are hyper sensitive to noise, peoples reactions etc and realizing that it’s only them themselves hyper reacting to situations when in actual fact most people you encounter they are so self absorbed in their lives they don’t really notice anything around them. Once one becomes more accustom to wearing one should be able to step back and verify these findings.

I am of similar thought process of JoelCairo in that I don’t really care if people notice I am wearing diapers. They should just be thankful they aren’t the ones requiring them. Lol and that’s saying it politely.

Cheers

Jason

I like the onesie from comfycare. They have large snaps that are easy to use especially dealing with arthritis. I’m getting more comfortable wearing diapers and not quite as concerned if the public accidentally sees it on me. My biggest concern is dealing with arthritis, spinal back problems and hopefully the diaper doesn’t erupt with diaper fluff falling out.

I wear tank onsies that I get on eBay. They work great. Sometimes though I say screw it and just wear black pul pants over my diaper. It’s less conspicuous and could easily be mistaken for underwear

For women facing this issue, I recommend that they make sure that they get high-rise pants. So many garments, both male and female, are low-slung or lower-slung than is practical for a diaper-wearer.

I use the black rearz onsie as well but I'm generally very active at work and often find myself on ladders which increases the likelihood of my diaper being exposed. I'm young enough that I do still care if my diapered state is exposed plus I'd never hear the end of it from my coworkers.

I have always been concerned that my underpants didn't show, just a personal preference from being raised with that in mind. Of course when I started wearing diapers I definitely didn't want the chance of them being revealed above my waist if my shirt slipped out in back. Therefore,I normally wear a onesie when in public. Plus I like their snug fit with their soft material and slight stretch. Perfect for keeping a diaper snug.

I mostly try not to care what others think. But I do wear longer shirts and definitely Spanx (a onesie for women) if I’m on a date.

I do not care that we see the top of my protection because it is for my own good being and the doctors know my disease so if I am in a pull up in front of them it does not bother me at all
A diaper is a different clothing

For me it's about comfort and not just discretion - I find the issues with diapers/nappies is that they rise up high making it feel awkward if you've just got trousers on. I use KayCey vests and jumpsuits and they definitely make life more comfortable. The issue I've had is finding decent jeans/trousers. The vests and jumpsuits are made in a way to give extra room for protection but given that most trousers don't make such allowances it's hard finding a decent fit. The fact I mainly sit down these days also doesn't help.

I've come across these made specifically for wheelchair users which I hope help (should make changes quicker as well):

@snow Managed to find some jeans which should work well - it seems the solution was to go a fair bit longer with the leg so they're not too high off shows sitting down and can also be brought up higher around the waist. Plus, it seems a gusseted crotch is the key to having room for protection. Happy I can wear jeans again! It may sound weird but whilst I'm mainly stuck in the house I find it hard to be productive if I'm not wearing proper clothes. I'm reminded that Nick Cave simulates going to work by going to the shed in his garden and wears a suit whilst working.

@Sci_Fi_Fan I like to be dressed also, especially when I’m working from home. A couple of years ago, I, too, wear my pants high on my waste, unbecoming though it may be in public. That way I don’t get stomachaches. I’m glad you’ve found something that helps you.

I definitely recommend bodysuits/onesies or whatever you may call them, I went on a cross country Motorcycle ride and they were amazing! People who ride know the back of your shirts often fly up if not tucked in well and even so, they come untucked. I researched them and bought from just about every website mostly of them being the Adult Baby type companies, all of them would dig into my legs etc. I came across Tykables they are all out adult baby if that is offensive to you do not buy their products. I will tell you that their Onesies are amazing, they have Black and White which I have purchased, long sleeve and short sleeve. The best thing about their product is the stretch in them and they are comfortable! My input, I wear to work, or any other place when I need my Diaper to stay in place.

All I got