Abiraterone Acetate

Archives1

Staff member
Hi
After three years in so called remission my cancer has reoccurred.
A PSA PT scan indicates that it is the bones of my Lowe back and right ilium. My oncologist has put me on Abiraterone Acetate and prednisone.

Please let me know if any of you has taken this and what results or side effects you experienced. I took my first dose last night.
Thank you
God Bless

I sorry to hear your cancer has come back. I too have cancer and I am now in remission. I have Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. I get retested every 6 months to insure it remain in remission. I didn’t take your drugs. I took 3 drugs that had to be put in IV and dripped for 8 hours three times a week. When Chemo was done my bone marrow failed. It was a tough regiment. I feel for you your cancer came back. It’s a tough road and it plays heavy on your mind. Again, my condolences. I hope it all works out for you.

@Bustersday, I do not take the drugs you have asked about. Although I expect you may have done research I thought I'd share what the Mayo Clinic website has for info. The link is below.

Please know the wonderful people in this forum will be thinking positive thoughts for you as you face this new hurdle. I am wishing you the best.

Thanks to all. I’m a fighter. '
I know God is in charge and a plan is in place.
I’ve got things to do and fish to catch.
Thanks for the encouragement . You guys are the best.