Abena L4

Archives1

Staff member
Hello and good morning to all. I just received my big order for the summer. I have used half a bag and had one issue with the diapers. When I tape up a fresh new diaper, the left side tapes end up tearing off the diaper very easily with hardly any resistance. I have contacted Abena and waiting for a response. Has anyone had the same problem? Other than the issue, I have not had any other problems. They are an amazing diaper to wear. They can take what you throw at them. They are not very noisy when walking with them on. They are a bit bulky. This morning waking up to find a very soaked diaper along with a nice dry bed. I would like them to consider making these in XL size. I am right at that threshold of needing a size up. I know they have them in XL breathable. I tend to like the plastic backing to contain the smell and less leaks due to the cloth backing diapers that are out there. I will give the Abena XL breathable a try to see if they do the same like the L4 does. I will review them once I get a pack.
Have an awesome Memorial day.

I bought a case of breathable Abena with cloth like backing. They are worthless as the tapes constantly loosens up. The plastic are definitely the best. I use them as a night time diaper only as they are bulky. North issues with the plastic ones but I haven’t bought any since last fall as I switch to other diapers.

I too use Abena L4's at night but haven't any problems with the tapes coming off where they are attached to the side/rear wings. The only thing I can offer here is to use a small piece of duct tape to secure the tape tabs to the side/rear wings before taping up. As always duct tape is your friend.

I've had that issue with them before. I just try to be super careful when applying but it's happened to me 3 or 4 times.

I have worn the l4 diaper had 2 problems with tapes but it’s still a good diaper that doesn’t leak. It is not to noisy when walking around. I’m active so the noise the diaper makes is important to me.

I agree with Padded53- I keep a small roll of white duct tape from the dollar store in my bathroom and I tear off a strip of about 2-3" by half or three quarters of an inch in width and that solves it every time.

One more idea: if you hold the side tapes of the brief on the bad side only so that they're taught, but then pull the front tightly, that tends to avoid the problem of the tapes tearing off. I always have to do up the opposite (the good side) first. It sounds like duct tape is still necessary to avoid problems later in the day.

Hi there. For myself I find if I rub my hand for a minute or so on the tab it warms and holds better. Adult onesie is also nice for keeping on nice and tight.

I've used the Abena L4's on and off for several years. Like many products the tapes are the weak spot. I try to be very careful unfolding the tape and then grasp both the tape and the side of the garment when pulling it into place. This helps reduce the stress on the tape. It doesn't always work but it has reduced the number of tape failures. Size is also an issue. I can use the M4 (smaller size of the the product) but my waist/hips are at the upper range of their design. Thus, I am putting more tension on the wings while I put them on and therefore have more tape failures. The extra wrap around from the L4 also means it is easier to grasp the tapes at the wing at the same time and not pull the tape off the wing.

My experience, with a variety of brands, is that Abena's quality is above average for its price point. There are a couple of more expensive products that have much worse tapes. A couple of years ago I tried to contact Abena about a some tape failures. The reseller responded but Abena USA never replied. I got a small credit from the vendor.